Lock Service across deployments2019 Community Moderator ElectionOptimistic vs. Pessimistic lockingVolatile vs. Interlocked vs. lockRecursive Lock (Mutex) vs Non-Recursive Lock (Mutex)Why is lock(this) … bad?Multithreaded Resource Access - Where Do I Put My Locks?Locking critical section in object used across multiple threadsLockService ambiguityLock Service getScriptLock() does it work in librariesJavascript lock serviceHow to understand LockService and implement it correctly?

Bacteria contamination inside a thermos bottle

What does 高層ビルに何車線もの道路。mean?

How to terminate ping <dest> &

About the actual radiative impact of greenhouse gas emission over time

Aluminum electrolytic or ceramic capacitors for linear regulator input and output?

Why one should not leave fingerprints on bulbs and plugs?

What are substitutions for coconut in curry?

How to make healing in an exploration game interesting

Employee lack of ownership

Professor being mistaken for a grad student

How should I state my peer review experience in the CV?

Why do passenger jet manufacturers design their planes with stall prevention systems?

Have the tides ever turned twice on any open problem?

Does multi-classing into Fighter give you heavy armor?

What is the relationship between relativity and the Doppler effect?

As a new Ubuntu desktop 18.04 LTS user, do I need to use ufw for a firewall or is iptables sufficient?

Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor breaks the "no parallel octaves" rule?

What is a ^ b and (a & b) << 1?

Could the Saturn V actually have launched astronauts around Venus?

How could an airship be repaired midflight?

Fastest way to pop N items from a large dict

Why is a white electrical wire connected to 2 black wires?

How could a scammer know the apps on my phone / iTunes account?

Why Choose Less Effective Armour Types?



Lock Service across deployments



2019 Community Moderator ElectionOptimistic vs. Pessimistic lockingVolatile vs. Interlocked vs. lockRecursive Lock (Mutex) vs Non-Recursive Lock (Mutex)Why is lock(this) … bad?Multithreaded Resource Access - Where Do I Put My Locks?Locking critical section in object used across multiple threadsLockService ambiguityLock Service getScriptLock() does it work in librariesJavascript lock serviceHow to understand LockService and implement it correctly?










0















In a scenario of different scripts and/or deployments accessing the same document (Ie: a spreadsheet), the Lock service will prevent access concurrency issues?



The documentation speaks of "sections of code", but I want to understand if the lock will work for any script accessing the same doc, or only within the code of that specific script deployment.










share|improve this question

















  • 1





    LockService does not provide file-level locking. It's a guard against executing specific code sections. Whatever document -- if any -- the script knows about can still be freely modified by whatever / whomever else has the ability to do so.

    – tehhowch
    Mar 7 at 19:19











  • That is precisely what I wanted to know, thanks. If you write that as an answer, that is all I need.

    – Novack
    Mar 8 at 20:03















0















In a scenario of different scripts and/or deployments accessing the same document (Ie: a spreadsheet), the Lock service will prevent access concurrency issues?



The documentation speaks of "sections of code", but I want to understand if the lock will work for any script accessing the same doc, or only within the code of that specific script deployment.










share|improve this question

















  • 1





    LockService does not provide file-level locking. It's a guard against executing specific code sections. Whatever document -- if any -- the script knows about can still be freely modified by whatever / whomever else has the ability to do so.

    – tehhowch
    Mar 7 at 19:19











  • That is precisely what I wanted to know, thanks. If you write that as an answer, that is all I need.

    – Novack
    Mar 8 at 20:03













0












0








0








In a scenario of different scripts and/or deployments accessing the same document (Ie: a spreadsheet), the Lock service will prevent access concurrency issues?



The documentation speaks of "sections of code", but I want to understand if the lock will work for any script accessing the same doc, or only within the code of that specific script deployment.










share|improve this question














In a scenario of different scripts and/or deployments accessing the same document (Ie: a spreadsheet), the Lock service will prevent access concurrency issues?



The documentation speaks of "sections of code", but I want to understand if the lock will work for any script accessing the same doc, or only within the code of that specific script deployment.







google-apps-script locking






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 7 at 15:36









NovackNovack

769




769







  • 1





    LockService does not provide file-level locking. It's a guard against executing specific code sections. Whatever document -- if any -- the script knows about can still be freely modified by whatever / whomever else has the ability to do so.

    – tehhowch
    Mar 7 at 19:19











  • That is precisely what I wanted to know, thanks. If you write that as an answer, that is all I need.

    – Novack
    Mar 8 at 20:03












  • 1





    LockService does not provide file-level locking. It's a guard against executing specific code sections. Whatever document -- if any -- the script knows about can still be freely modified by whatever / whomever else has the ability to do so.

    – tehhowch
    Mar 7 at 19:19











  • That is precisely what I wanted to know, thanks. If you write that as an answer, that is all I need.

    – Novack
    Mar 8 at 20:03







1




1





LockService does not provide file-level locking. It's a guard against executing specific code sections. Whatever document -- if any -- the script knows about can still be freely modified by whatever / whomever else has the ability to do so.

– tehhowch
Mar 7 at 19:19





LockService does not provide file-level locking. It's a guard against executing specific code sections. Whatever document -- if any -- the script knows about can still be freely modified by whatever / whomever else has the ability to do so.

– tehhowch
Mar 7 at 19:19













That is precisely what I wanted to know, thanks. If you write that as an answer, that is all I need.

– Novack
Mar 8 at 20:03





That is precisely what I wanted to know, thanks. If you write that as an answer, that is all I need.

– Novack
Mar 8 at 20:03












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55047539%2flock-service-across-deployments%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55047539%2flock-service-across-deployments%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page