Katalon - Basic auth GET api request getting 401 error2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST API Authorization & Authentication (web + mobile)Basic authentication in REST-applicationASP.NET WebAPI Basic Authentication always fails as 401/UnauthorizedPython 3 basic auth with pinnaclesports APIBasic auth in Apigility when using PostmanHttpClient Basic Authorization errorLaravel API call failed. PostMan overrides Authorization header with Basic AuthVSTS REST API Error when using Basic Authorization (username & password)PATCH command for REST API on KatalonVariables are not getting mapped under Variable binding (API Test)

Why do passenger jet manufacturers design their planes with stall prevention systems?

Aluminum electrolytic or ceramic capacitors for linear regulator input and output?

What is the purpose or proof behind chain rule?

Does .bashrc contain syntax errors?

Examples of transfinite towers

Did Ender ever learn that he killed Stilson and/or Bonzo?

Brexit - No Deal Rejection

Print a physical multiplication table

Happy pi day, everyone!

Why is a white electrical wire connected to 2 black wires?

How to explain that I do not want to visit a country due to personal safety concern?

How to prove the triangle inequality for this metric space

I got the following comment from a reputed math journal. What does it mean?

Is it normal that my co-workers at a fitness company criticize my food choices?

"of which" is correct here?

What is the meaning of まっちろけ?

Is Manda another name for Saturn (Shani)?

What's the meaning of a knight fighting a snail in medieval book illustrations?

While on vacation my taxi took a longer route, possibly to scam me out of money. How can I deal with this?

PTIJ: Who should I vote for? (21st Knesset Edition)

Why is there is so much iron?

Are all passive ability checks floors for active ability checks?

How can we have a quark condensate without a quark potential?

Is it true that good novels will automatically sell themselves on Amazon (and so on) and there is no need for one to waste time promoting?



Katalon - Basic auth GET api request getting 401 error



2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST API Authorization & Authentication (web + mobile)Basic authentication in REST-applicationASP.NET WebAPI Basic Authentication always fails as 401/UnauthorizedPython 3 basic auth with pinnaclesports APIBasic auth in Apigility when using PostmanHttpClient Basic Authorization errorLaravel API call failed. PostMan overrides Authorization header with Basic AuthVSTS REST API Error when using Basic Authorization (username & password)PATCH command for REST API on KatalonVariables are not getting mapped under Variable binding (API Test)










1















I am trying to setup a simple GET request and dont think the basic authorization details are being passed properly. I have a test case that calls the test case object like so:



WS.sendRequest(findTestObject('API Requests/SimpleGet', [('SchematicID') : SchematicID, ('api_url') : GlobalVariable.api_url]))


In this web service request object I put in the authorization details -> Update to HTTP Header.



After executing the test case I get a 401 error.



My username has a '' character in it, I'm wondering if that needs to be escaped somehow? I've already tried '\' which works in a Katalon variable for logging in via web authentication forms.



Thanks










share|improve this question




























    1















    I am trying to setup a simple GET request and dont think the basic authorization details are being passed properly. I have a test case that calls the test case object like so:



    WS.sendRequest(findTestObject('API Requests/SimpleGet', [('SchematicID') : SchematicID, ('api_url') : GlobalVariable.api_url]))


    In this web service request object I put in the authorization details -> Update to HTTP Header.



    After executing the test case I get a 401 error.



    My username has a '' character in it, I'm wondering if that needs to be escaped somehow? I've already tried '\' which works in a Katalon variable for logging in via web authentication forms.



    Thanks










    share|improve this question


























      1












      1








      1








      I am trying to setup a simple GET request and dont think the basic authorization details are being passed properly. I have a test case that calls the test case object like so:



      WS.sendRequest(findTestObject('API Requests/SimpleGet', [('SchematicID') : SchematicID, ('api_url') : GlobalVariable.api_url]))


      In this web service request object I put in the authorization details -> Update to HTTP Header.



      After executing the test case I get a 401 error.



      My username has a '' character in it, I'm wondering if that needs to be escaped somehow? I've already tried '\' which works in a Katalon variable for logging in via web authentication forms.



      Thanks










      share|improve this question
















      I am trying to setup a simple GET request and dont think the basic authorization details are being passed properly. I have a test case that calls the test case object like so:



      WS.sendRequest(findTestObject('API Requests/SimpleGet', [('SchematicID') : SchematicID, ('api_url') : GlobalVariable.api_url]))


      In this web service request object I put in the authorization details -> Update to HTTP Header.



      After executing the test case I get a 401 error.



      My username has a '' character in it, I'm wondering if that needs to be escaped somehow? I've already tried '\' which works in a Katalon variable for logging in via web authentication forms.



      Thanks







      api authorization katalon-studio






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 7 at 16:04







      Mike

















      asked Mar 6 at 21:37









      MikeMike

      113




      113






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55032558%2fkatalon-basic-auth-get-api-request-getting-401-error%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55032558%2fkatalon-basic-auth-get-api-request-getting-401-error%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page