Intellij problems with writing ASCII characters on Dell Latitude Laptops2019 Community Moderator ElectionIntellij 12 Ultimate is having problems with international charactersHow to change line width in IntelliJ (from 120 character)Problems with selecting text in Intellij Idea 14What is the advantage of “safe write” in JetBrains IntelliJ?Unable to type > character in Intellij IDEACan't write the “}” character on IntelliJ IEDA 16.1Unable to enter correct characters in IntelliJJetBrains' IDEs keep changing keyboard layoutIntelliJ - inputting unescaped UTF-8 non ASCII charactersIntellij Springboot problems on startup

Has Wakanda ever accepted refugees?

Is there a frame of reference in which I was born before I was conceived?

Practical reasons to have both a large police force and bounty hunting network?

Formatting a table to look nice

Where is this quote about overcoming the impossible said in "Interstellar"?

Misplaced tyre lever - alternatives?

Quitting employee has privileged access to critical information

Why do phishing e-mails use faked e-mail addresses instead of the real one?

Every subset equal to original set?

Why doesn't "adolescent" take any articles in "listen to adolescent agonising"?

Inconsistent behaviour between dict.values() and dict.keys() equality in Python 3.x and Python 2.7

It doesn't matter the side you see it

Why is my Contribution Detail Report (native CiviCRM Core report) not accurate?

Understanding the template

Draw bounding region by list of points

How to mitigate "bandwagon attacking" from players?

What is the meaning of "notice to quit at once" and "Lotty points”

Four buttons on a table

Caulking a corner instead of taping with joint compound?

3.5% Interest Student Loan or use all of my savings on Tuition?

Would the melodic leap of the opening phrase of Mozart's K545 be considered dissonant?

How to disable or uninstall iTunes under High Sierra without disabling SIP

A bug in Excel? Conditional formatting for marking duplicates also highlights unique value

What is a term for a function that when called repeatedly, has the same effect as calling once?



Intellij problems with writing ASCII characters on Dell Latitude Laptops



2019 Community Moderator ElectionIntellij 12 Ultimate is having problems with international charactersHow to change line width in IntelliJ (from 120 character)Problems with selecting text in Intellij Idea 14What is the advantage of “safe write” in JetBrains IntelliJ?Unable to type > character in Intellij IDEACan't write the “}” character on IntelliJ IEDA 16.1Unable to enter correct characters in IntelliJJetBrains' IDEs keep changing keyboard layoutIntelliJ - inputting unescaped UTF-8 non ASCII charactersIntellij Springboot problems on startup










1















I was using Intellij on my Dell Latitude E 7470. It's the smaller laptop without a special numeric keyboard. When you want to use asci code, you must press fn + alt + the number combination representing the asci on keys jkluiop... It was working just fine but I reinstalled Win some time ago and now when I press for example fn +alt + 123 to write curly braces, it automatically jumps to the bottom of the class declaration and creates the curly braces there and not at the spot where I'm writing them... Thanks for any kind of help.



This is how the keyboard looks
keyboard layout










share|improve this question


























    1















    I was using Intellij on my Dell Latitude E 7470. It's the smaller laptop without a special numeric keyboard. When you want to use asci code, you must press fn + alt + the number combination representing the asci on keys jkluiop... It was working just fine but I reinstalled Win some time ago and now when I press for example fn +alt + 123 to write curly braces, it automatically jumps to the bottom of the class declaration and creates the curly braces there and not at the spot where I'm writing them... Thanks for any kind of help.



    This is how the keyboard looks
    keyboard layout










    share|improve this question
























      1












      1








      1








      I was using Intellij on my Dell Latitude E 7470. It's the smaller laptop without a special numeric keyboard. When you want to use asci code, you must press fn + alt + the number combination representing the asci on keys jkluiop... It was working just fine but I reinstalled Win some time ago and now when I press for example fn +alt + 123 to write curly braces, it automatically jumps to the bottom of the class declaration and creates the curly braces there and not at the spot where I'm writing them... Thanks for any kind of help.



      This is how the keyboard looks
      keyboard layout










      share|improve this question














      I was using Intellij on my Dell Latitude E 7470. It's the smaller laptop without a special numeric keyboard. When you want to use asci code, you must press fn + alt + the number combination representing the asci on keys jkluiop... It was working just fine but I reinstalled Win some time ago and now when I press for example fn +alt + 123 to write curly braces, it automatically jumps to the bottom of the class declaration and creates the curly braces there and not at the spot where I'm writing them... Thanks for any kind of help.



      This is how the keyboard looks
      keyboard layout







      intellij-idea






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked 15 hours ago









      Frank LabryFrank Labry

      13417




      13417






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55021122%2fintellij-problems-with-writing-ascii-characters-on-dell-latitude-laptops%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55021122%2fintellij-problems-with-writing-ascii-characters-on-dell-latitude-laptops%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page