Restrict SOAP calls using Nginx Reverse Proxy2019 Community Moderator ElectionSOAP or REST for Web Services?REST / SOAP endpoints for a WCF serviceRepresentational state transfer (REST) and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)How to call a SOAP web service on AndroidHow to pass “Null” (a real surname!) to a SOAP web service in ActionScript 3?SOAP vs REST (differences)nginx docker proxy_path to an other docker in the servernginx reverse proxy setupApache reverse proxy with LDAP check on client certificate cnNGINX Reverse Proxy redirecting instead of proxying

School performs periodic password audits. Is my password compromised?

Plausibility of Mushroom Buildings

Is a piano played in the same way as a harmonium?

What ability score modifier does a javelin's damage use?

Was it really inappropriate to write a pull request for the company I interviewed with?

Possible to detect presence of nuclear bomb?

Which classes are needed to have access to every spell in the PHB?

What is this diamond of every day?

Getting the || sign while using Kurier

Professor forcing me to attend a conference, I can't afford even with 50% funding

What are some noteworthy "mic-drop" moments in math?

Can one live in the U.S. and not use a credit card?

Power Strip for Europe

Trig Subsitution When There's No Square Root

Street obstacles in New Zealand

Signed and unsigned numbers

Do cubics always have one real root?

Can I negotiate a patent idea for a raise, under French law?

I can't die. Who am I?

Called into a meeting and told we are being made redundant (laid off) and "not to share outside". Can I tell my partner?

What is better: yes / no radio, or simple checkbox?

Giving a career talk in my old university, how prominently should I tell students my salary?

Does "Until when" sound natural for native speakers?

Does an unused member variable take up memory?



Restrict SOAP calls using Nginx Reverse Proxy



2019 Community Moderator ElectionSOAP or REST for Web Services?REST / SOAP endpoints for a WCF serviceRepresentational state transfer (REST) and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)How to call a SOAP web service on AndroidHow to pass “Null” (a real surname!) to a SOAP web service in ActionScript 3?SOAP vs REST (differences)nginx docker proxy_path to an other docker in the servernginx reverse proxy setupApache reverse proxy with LDAP check on client certificate cnNGINX Reverse Proxy redirecting instead of proxying










0















We have a Nginx server configured for reverse proxying to protect an aging SOAP server that can't be patched.



I've been asked to restrict what calls clients can make from specific IP ranges.



I've no idea how to allow some SOAP calls but filter out others.



The Nginux config is



server 
listen 443;
listen [::]:443;
server_name shiny.nginx.server;
ssl on;
ssl_certificate "/public/directory/proxy.pem";
ssl_certificate_key "/secret/directory/proxy.key";
location /
proxy_pass http://very.old.server:80/;
proxy_buffering off;
proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
auth_basic "Username and Password Required";
auth_basic_user_file /etc/nginx/.htpasswd;




Any ideas how I achieve this?



Thanks










share|improve this question






















  • You might want to google before asking. scalescale.com/tips/nginx/redirect-nginx-traffic-client-ip

    – Adlan Arif Zakaria
    Mar 7 at 5:07












  • Thanks but the redirection is working. The problem is all SOAP calls/requests are allowed. We want to restrict what calls some users can make.

    – user1174838
    Mar 7 at 5:19











  • The idea is for you to check the IP, then check the url, then redirect, else return 404. This way you can specific specific IP to use specific URL only.

    – Adlan Arif Zakaria
    Mar 7 at 5:50











  • OK, but the URL doesn't contain the SOAP call. Looking at the access.log file, all I see is '192.168.1.67 - user [07/Mar/2019:11:16:06 +0800] "POST /vendor/SOAP/ HTTP/1.1" 200 285 "-" "Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)" "-"'. Using wireshark, I can see the SOAP call embedded in the XML its not on the URL

    – user1174838
    Mar 7 at 6:46















0















We have a Nginx server configured for reverse proxying to protect an aging SOAP server that can't be patched.



I've been asked to restrict what calls clients can make from specific IP ranges.



I've no idea how to allow some SOAP calls but filter out others.



The Nginux config is



server 
listen 443;
listen [::]:443;
server_name shiny.nginx.server;
ssl on;
ssl_certificate "/public/directory/proxy.pem";
ssl_certificate_key "/secret/directory/proxy.key";
location /
proxy_pass http://very.old.server:80/;
proxy_buffering off;
proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
auth_basic "Username and Password Required";
auth_basic_user_file /etc/nginx/.htpasswd;




Any ideas how I achieve this?



Thanks










share|improve this question






















  • You might want to google before asking. scalescale.com/tips/nginx/redirect-nginx-traffic-client-ip

    – Adlan Arif Zakaria
    Mar 7 at 5:07












  • Thanks but the redirection is working. The problem is all SOAP calls/requests are allowed. We want to restrict what calls some users can make.

    – user1174838
    Mar 7 at 5:19











  • The idea is for you to check the IP, then check the url, then redirect, else return 404. This way you can specific specific IP to use specific URL only.

    – Adlan Arif Zakaria
    Mar 7 at 5:50











  • OK, but the URL doesn't contain the SOAP call. Looking at the access.log file, all I see is '192.168.1.67 - user [07/Mar/2019:11:16:06 +0800] "POST /vendor/SOAP/ HTTP/1.1" 200 285 "-" "Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)" "-"'. Using wireshark, I can see the SOAP call embedded in the XML its not on the URL

    – user1174838
    Mar 7 at 6:46













0












0








0








We have a Nginx server configured for reverse proxying to protect an aging SOAP server that can't be patched.



I've been asked to restrict what calls clients can make from specific IP ranges.



I've no idea how to allow some SOAP calls but filter out others.



The Nginux config is



server 
listen 443;
listen [::]:443;
server_name shiny.nginx.server;
ssl on;
ssl_certificate "/public/directory/proxy.pem";
ssl_certificate_key "/secret/directory/proxy.key";
location /
proxy_pass http://very.old.server:80/;
proxy_buffering off;
proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
auth_basic "Username and Password Required";
auth_basic_user_file /etc/nginx/.htpasswd;




Any ideas how I achieve this?



Thanks










share|improve this question














We have a Nginx server configured for reverse proxying to protect an aging SOAP server that can't be patched.



I've been asked to restrict what calls clients can make from specific IP ranges.



I've no idea how to allow some SOAP calls but filter out others.



The Nginux config is



server 
listen 443;
listen [::]:443;
server_name shiny.nginx.server;
ssl on;
ssl_certificate "/public/directory/proxy.pem";
ssl_certificate_key "/secret/directory/proxy.key";
location /
proxy_pass http://very.old.server:80/;
proxy_buffering off;
proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
auth_basic "Username and Password Required";
auth_basic_user_file /etc/nginx/.htpasswd;




Any ideas how I achieve this?



Thanks







soap nginx-reverse-proxy






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 7 at 4:59









user1174838user1174838

2271213




2271213












  • You might want to google before asking. scalescale.com/tips/nginx/redirect-nginx-traffic-client-ip

    – Adlan Arif Zakaria
    Mar 7 at 5:07












  • Thanks but the redirection is working. The problem is all SOAP calls/requests are allowed. We want to restrict what calls some users can make.

    – user1174838
    Mar 7 at 5:19











  • The idea is for you to check the IP, then check the url, then redirect, else return 404. This way you can specific specific IP to use specific URL only.

    – Adlan Arif Zakaria
    Mar 7 at 5:50











  • OK, but the URL doesn't contain the SOAP call. Looking at the access.log file, all I see is '192.168.1.67 - user [07/Mar/2019:11:16:06 +0800] "POST /vendor/SOAP/ HTTP/1.1" 200 285 "-" "Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)" "-"'. Using wireshark, I can see the SOAP call embedded in the XML its not on the URL

    – user1174838
    Mar 7 at 6:46

















  • You might want to google before asking. scalescale.com/tips/nginx/redirect-nginx-traffic-client-ip

    – Adlan Arif Zakaria
    Mar 7 at 5:07












  • Thanks but the redirection is working. The problem is all SOAP calls/requests are allowed. We want to restrict what calls some users can make.

    – user1174838
    Mar 7 at 5:19











  • The idea is for you to check the IP, then check the url, then redirect, else return 404. This way you can specific specific IP to use specific URL only.

    – Adlan Arif Zakaria
    Mar 7 at 5:50











  • OK, but the URL doesn't contain the SOAP call. Looking at the access.log file, all I see is '192.168.1.67 - user [07/Mar/2019:11:16:06 +0800] "POST /vendor/SOAP/ HTTP/1.1" 200 285 "-" "Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)" "-"'. Using wireshark, I can see the SOAP call embedded in the XML its not on the URL

    – user1174838
    Mar 7 at 6:46
















You might want to google before asking. scalescale.com/tips/nginx/redirect-nginx-traffic-client-ip

– Adlan Arif Zakaria
Mar 7 at 5:07






You might want to google before asking. scalescale.com/tips/nginx/redirect-nginx-traffic-client-ip

– Adlan Arif Zakaria
Mar 7 at 5:07














Thanks but the redirection is working. The problem is all SOAP calls/requests are allowed. We want to restrict what calls some users can make.

– user1174838
Mar 7 at 5:19





Thanks but the redirection is working. The problem is all SOAP calls/requests are allowed. We want to restrict what calls some users can make.

– user1174838
Mar 7 at 5:19













The idea is for you to check the IP, then check the url, then redirect, else return 404. This way you can specific specific IP to use specific URL only.

– Adlan Arif Zakaria
Mar 7 at 5:50





The idea is for you to check the IP, then check the url, then redirect, else return 404. This way you can specific specific IP to use specific URL only.

– Adlan Arif Zakaria
Mar 7 at 5:50













OK, but the URL doesn't contain the SOAP call. Looking at the access.log file, all I see is '192.168.1.67 - user [07/Mar/2019:11:16:06 +0800] "POST /vendor/SOAP/ HTTP/1.1" 200 285 "-" "Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)" "-"'. Using wireshark, I can see the SOAP call embedded in the XML its not on the URL

– user1174838
Mar 7 at 6:46





OK, but the URL doesn't contain the SOAP call. Looking at the access.log file, all I see is '192.168.1.67 - user [07/Mar/2019:11:16:06 +0800] "POST /vendor/SOAP/ HTTP/1.1" 200 285 "-" "Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)" "-"'. Using wireshark, I can see the SOAP call embedded in the XML its not on the URL

– user1174838
Mar 7 at 6:46












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55036383%2frestrict-soap-calls-using-nginx-reverse-proxy%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55036383%2frestrict-soap-calls-using-nginx-reverse-proxy%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page