Access VBA exit a called sub and skip the rest of the sub2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow Can You Delete All Color Categories?Excel Macro (save to Sharepoint Library) no longer accepting full stop?Excel VBA ignores my IF statement to exit the subExcel Find a sheet based on nameKeep Excel sub runing after calling access sub procedureHow to stop a sub which calls upon multiple subsShow only selected table column after filter to new worksheetsExit all subs in that buttonHow can I go out from a sub when another sub that is inside this sub outputs a Msgbox?Error Handling - Where to enter 'Exit Sub'?

What's the 'present simple' form of the word "нашла́" in 3rd person singular female?

How to draw dashed arc of a circle behind pyramid?

Which classes are needed to have access to every spell in the PHB?

Signed and unsigned numbers

Can I use a violin G string for D?

Shifting between bemols (flats) and diesis (sharps)in the key signature

how to modify custom status text color in UI component grid magento 2?

Can one live in the U.S. and not use a credit card?

Why is there an extra space when I type "ls" in the Desktop directory?

For which categories of spectra is there an explicit description of the fibrant objects via lifting properties?

What materials can be used to make a humanoid skin warm?

After `ssh` without `-X` to a machine, is it possible to change `$DISPLAY` to make it work like `ssh -X`?

Did Amazon pay $0 in taxes last year?

How do we create new idioms and use them in a novel?

Recommendation letter by significant other if you worked with them professionally?

Rationale to prefer local variables over instance variables?

Is a piano played in the same way as a harmonium?

What can I do if someone tampers with my SSH public key?

What problems would a superhuman have whose skin is constantly hot?

How can I manipulate the output of Information?

Doubts in understanding some concepts of potential energy

Why do phishing e-mails use faked e-mail addresses instead of the real one?

How do spaceships determine each other's mass in space?

Why couldn't the separatists legally leave the Republic?



Access VBA exit a called sub and skip the rest of the sub



2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow Can You Delete All Color Categories?Excel Macro (save to Sharepoint Library) no longer accepting full stop?Excel VBA ignores my IF statement to exit the subExcel Find a sheet based on nameKeep Excel sub runing after calling access sub procedureHow to stop a sub which calls upon multiple subsShow only selected table column after filter to new worksheetsExit all subs in that buttonHow can I go out from a sub when another sub that is inside this sub outputs a Msgbox?Error Handling - Where to enter 'Exit Sub'?










0















I have a sub CreaNewT as below to create a new table. In CreatNewT I call a public sub ChecTabl to check if this table exists already.



Sub CreaNewT()

Dim ...
Dim ...

Call ChecTabl("TableName")
...


In ChecTabl I have



Dim TS As TableDefs
Dim T As TableDef

Set TS = CurrentDb.TableDefs

For Each T In TS
If T.Name = Str_Tabl Then
MsgBox "This table already exists. Please choose another table name.", vbOKOnly
Exit Sub
End If
Next


I wrote Exit Sub because I would like to exit ChecTabl and the sub that calls it if this table already exists. However, it only stops executing ChecTabl and continues with the rest of CreaNewT. How I can code so that it stops executing ChecTabl and the sub that calls it? Thanks










share|improve this question

















  • 1





    Make ChecTabl a function and return False if the table already exists.

    – Tim Williams
    Mar 7 at 5:30















0















I have a sub CreaNewT as below to create a new table. In CreatNewT I call a public sub ChecTabl to check if this table exists already.



Sub CreaNewT()

Dim ...
Dim ...

Call ChecTabl("TableName")
...


In ChecTabl I have



Dim TS As TableDefs
Dim T As TableDef

Set TS = CurrentDb.TableDefs

For Each T In TS
If T.Name = Str_Tabl Then
MsgBox "This table already exists. Please choose another table name.", vbOKOnly
Exit Sub
End If
Next


I wrote Exit Sub because I would like to exit ChecTabl and the sub that calls it if this table already exists. However, it only stops executing ChecTabl and continues with the rest of CreaNewT. How I can code so that it stops executing ChecTabl and the sub that calls it? Thanks










share|improve this question

















  • 1





    Make ChecTabl a function and return False if the table already exists.

    – Tim Williams
    Mar 7 at 5:30













0












0








0








I have a sub CreaNewT as below to create a new table. In CreatNewT I call a public sub ChecTabl to check if this table exists already.



Sub CreaNewT()

Dim ...
Dim ...

Call ChecTabl("TableName")
...


In ChecTabl I have



Dim TS As TableDefs
Dim T As TableDef

Set TS = CurrentDb.TableDefs

For Each T In TS
If T.Name = Str_Tabl Then
MsgBox "This table already exists. Please choose another table name.", vbOKOnly
Exit Sub
End If
Next


I wrote Exit Sub because I would like to exit ChecTabl and the sub that calls it if this table already exists. However, it only stops executing ChecTabl and continues with the rest of CreaNewT. How I can code so that it stops executing ChecTabl and the sub that calls it? Thanks










share|improve this question














I have a sub CreaNewT as below to create a new table. In CreatNewT I call a public sub ChecTabl to check if this table exists already.



Sub CreaNewT()

Dim ...
Dim ...

Call ChecTabl("TableName")
...


In ChecTabl I have



Dim TS As TableDefs
Dim T As TableDef

Set TS = CurrentDb.TableDefs

For Each T In TS
If T.Name = Str_Tabl Then
MsgBox "This table already exists. Please choose another table name.", vbOKOnly
Exit Sub
End If
Next


I wrote Exit Sub because I would like to exit ChecTabl and the sub that calls it if this table already exists. However, it only stops executing ChecTabl and continues with the rest of CreaNewT. How I can code so that it stops executing ChecTabl and the sub that calls it? Thanks







vba exit






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 7 at 5:17









davidzxc574davidzxc574

679




679







  • 1





    Make ChecTabl a function and return False if the table already exists.

    – Tim Williams
    Mar 7 at 5:30












  • 1





    Make ChecTabl a function and return False if the table already exists.

    – Tim Williams
    Mar 7 at 5:30







1




1





Make ChecTabl a function and return False if the table already exists.

– Tim Williams
Mar 7 at 5:30





Make ChecTabl a function and return False if the table already exists.

– Tim Williams
Mar 7 at 5:30












1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















0














Thanks Tim, I changed ChecTabl into a boolean function. I can check its returned value and decide whether to exit the sub that calls this function.



Public Function ChecTabl(Str_Tabl As String) As Boolean

Dim TS As TableDefs
Dim T As TableDef

Set TS = CurrentDb.TableDefs

For Each T In TS
If T.Name = Str_Tabl Then
MsgBox "This table already exists. Please choose another table name.", vbOKOnly
ChecTabl = True
Exit Function
End If
Next

ChecTabl = False

Exit_Func:
Set TS = Nothing
Set T = Nothing

End Function





share|improve this answer






















    Your Answer






    StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
    StackExchange.snippets.init();
    );
    );
    , "code-snippets");

    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "1"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: true,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    imageUploader:
    brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
    contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
    allowUrls: true
    ,
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













    draft saved

    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55036558%2faccess-vba-exit-a-called-sub-and-skip-the-rest-of-the-sub%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest















    Required, but never shown

























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes









    0














    Thanks Tim, I changed ChecTabl into a boolean function. I can check its returned value and decide whether to exit the sub that calls this function.



    Public Function ChecTabl(Str_Tabl As String) As Boolean

    Dim TS As TableDefs
    Dim T As TableDef

    Set TS = CurrentDb.TableDefs

    For Each T In TS
    If T.Name = Str_Tabl Then
    MsgBox "This table already exists. Please choose another table name.", vbOKOnly
    ChecTabl = True
    Exit Function
    End If
    Next

    ChecTabl = False

    Exit_Func:
    Set TS = Nothing
    Set T = Nothing

    End Function





    share|improve this answer



























      0














      Thanks Tim, I changed ChecTabl into a boolean function. I can check its returned value and decide whether to exit the sub that calls this function.



      Public Function ChecTabl(Str_Tabl As String) As Boolean

      Dim TS As TableDefs
      Dim T As TableDef

      Set TS = CurrentDb.TableDefs

      For Each T In TS
      If T.Name = Str_Tabl Then
      MsgBox "This table already exists. Please choose another table name.", vbOKOnly
      ChecTabl = True
      Exit Function
      End If
      Next

      ChecTabl = False

      Exit_Func:
      Set TS = Nothing
      Set T = Nothing

      End Function





      share|improve this answer

























        0












        0








        0







        Thanks Tim, I changed ChecTabl into a boolean function. I can check its returned value and decide whether to exit the sub that calls this function.



        Public Function ChecTabl(Str_Tabl As String) As Boolean

        Dim TS As TableDefs
        Dim T As TableDef

        Set TS = CurrentDb.TableDefs

        For Each T In TS
        If T.Name = Str_Tabl Then
        MsgBox "This table already exists. Please choose another table name.", vbOKOnly
        ChecTabl = True
        Exit Function
        End If
        Next

        ChecTabl = False

        Exit_Func:
        Set TS = Nothing
        Set T = Nothing

        End Function





        share|improve this answer













        Thanks Tim, I changed ChecTabl into a boolean function. I can check its returned value and decide whether to exit the sub that calls this function.



        Public Function ChecTabl(Str_Tabl As String) As Boolean

        Dim TS As TableDefs
        Dim T As TableDef

        Set TS = CurrentDb.TableDefs

        For Each T In TS
        If T.Name = Str_Tabl Then
        MsgBox "This table already exists. Please choose another table name.", vbOKOnly
        ChecTabl = True
        Exit Function
        End If
        Next

        ChecTabl = False

        Exit_Func:
        Set TS = Nothing
        Set T = Nothing

        End Function






        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Mar 8 at 2:31









        davidzxc574davidzxc574

        679




        679





























            draft saved

            draft discarded
















































            Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


            • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

            But avoid …


            • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

            • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

            To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55036558%2faccess-vba-exit-a-called-sub-and-skip-the-rest-of-the-sub%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown





















































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown

































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown







            Popular posts from this blog

            Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

            Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

            How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page