Solr facet results differ on each query2019 Community Moderator ElectionNoSQL (MongoDB) vs Lucene (or Solr) as your databaseSolr vs. ElasticSearchSpeeding up SOLR searchIs Safari on iOS 6 caching $.ajax results?Multiple facets per field with SolrApache Solr - Wrong facet countSOLR - facets returned change when facet.limit is modifiedMulti-select Solr filtering and facetingIs there a way to get Solr to generate Facet counts on just the Result set of docs instead of across all documentsSOLR Faceting not returning all facets when searching for “All” (*:*)

Can one live in the U.S. and not use a credit card?

MySQL importing CSV files really slow

Is a piano played in the same way as a harmonium?

Can I negotiate a patent idea for a raise, under French law?

Street obstacles in New Zealand

I need help with tikz tree node and label, offsets and inclination

From an axiomatic set theoric approach why can we take uncountable unions?

In the late 1940’s to early 1950’s what technology was available that could melt a LOT of ice?

Proving a statement about real numbers

Vocabulary for giving just numbers, not a full answer

Giving a career talk in my old university, how prominently should I tell students my salary?

Does a difference of tense count as a difference of meaning in a minimal pair?

How to resolve: Reviewer #1 says remove section X vs. Reviewer #2 says expand section X

Shifting between bemols and diesis in the key signature

Can we track matter through time by looking at different depths in space?

What is the generally accepted pronunciation of “topoi”?

When a wind turbine does not produce enough electricity how does the power company compensate for the loss?

What problems would a superhuman have who's skin is constantly hot?

Possible to detect presence of nuclear bomb?

Which situations would cause a company to ground or recall a aircraft series?

PTIJ: Why does only a Shor Tam ask at the Seder, and not a Shor Mu'ad?

Why do we say ‘pairwise disjoint’, rather than ‘disjoint’?

What's the 'present simple' form of the word "нашла́" in 3rd person singular female?

Was it really inappropriate to write a pull request for the company I interviewed with?



Solr facet results differ on each query



2019 Community Moderator ElectionNoSQL (MongoDB) vs Lucene (or Solr) as your databaseSolr vs. ElasticSearchSpeeding up SOLR searchIs Safari on iOS 6 caching $.ajax results?Multiple facets per field with SolrApache Solr - Wrong facet countSOLR - facets returned change when facet.limit is modifiedMulti-select Solr filtering and facetingIs there a way to get Solr to generate Facet counts on just the Result set of docs instead of across all documentsSOLR Faceting not returning all facets when searching for “All” (*:*)










1















I'm running Solr 4.1 and have many facet counts defined. I noticed that when I send the same query to Solr multiple times, the result facet counts differ each time. For some reason, my filterCache is causing the first query result's facet counts to be different than all subsequent queries. When I remove my filterCache from the config, I do not see this issue at all.



Why does filterCache cause this inconsistency? Here's all the caching I have in my configs:



 <filterCache class="solr.FastLRUCache"
size="512"
initialSize="512"
autowarmCount="32"/>

<queryResultCache class="solr.LRUCache"
size="1024"
initialSize="1024"
autowarmCount="512"/>

<documentCache class="solr.LRUCache"
size="1024"
initialSize="1024"
autowarmCount="0"/>

<queryResultWindowSize>10</queryResultWindowSize>


<queryResultMaxDocsCached>100</queryResultMaxDocsCached>









share|improve this question




























    1















    I'm running Solr 4.1 and have many facet counts defined. I noticed that when I send the same query to Solr multiple times, the result facet counts differ each time. For some reason, my filterCache is causing the first query result's facet counts to be different than all subsequent queries. When I remove my filterCache from the config, I do not see this issue at all.



    Why does filterCache cause this inconsistency? Here's all the caching I have in my configs:



     <filterCache class="solr.FastLRUCache"
    size="512"
    initialSize="512"
    autowarmCount="32"/>

    <queryResultCache class="solr.LRUCache"
    size="1024"
    initialSize="1024"
    autowarmCount="512"/>

    <documentCache class="solr.LRUCache"
    size="1024"
    initialSize="1024"
    autowarmCount="0"/>

    <queryResultWindowSize>10</queryResultWindowSize>


    <queryResultMaxDocsCached>100</queryResultMaxDocsCached>









    share|improve this question


























      1












      1








      1








      I'm running Solr 4.1 and have many facet counts defined. I noticed that when I send the same query to Solr multiple times, the result facet counts differ each time. For some reason, my filterCache is causing the first query result's facet counts to be different than all subsequent queries. When I remove my filterCache from the config, I do not see this issue at all.



      Why does filterCache cause this inconsistency? Here's all the caching I have in my configs:



       <filterCache class="solr.FastLRUCache"
      size="512"
      initialSize="512"
      autowarmCount="32"/>

      <queryResultCache class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="1024"
      initialSize="1024"
      autowarmCount="512"/>

      <documentCache class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="1024"
      initialSize="1024"
      autowarmCount="0"/>

      <queryResultWindowSize>10</queryResultWindowSize>


      <queryResultMaxDocsCached>100</queryResultMaxDocsCached>









      share|improve this question
















      I'm running Solr 4.1 and have many facet counts defined. I noticed that when I send the same query to Solr multiple times, the result facet counts differ each time. For some reason, my filterCache is causing the first query result's facet counts to be different than all subsequent queries. When I remove my filterCache from the config, I do not see this issue at all.



      Why does filterCache cause this inconsistency? Here's all the caching I have in my configs:



       <filterCache class="solr.FastLRUCache"
      size="512"
      initialSize="512"
      autowarmCount="32"/>

      <queryResultCache class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="1024"
      initialSize="1024"
      autowarmCount="512"/>

      <documentCache class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="1024"
      initialSize="1024"
      autowarmCount="0"/>

      <queryResultWindowSize>10</queryResultWindowSize>


      <queryResultMaxDocsCached>100</queryResultMaxDocsCached>






      caching solr lucene facet faceted-search






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 7 at 5:01







      OMGitzMidgar

















      asked Mar 7 at 4:40









      OMGitzMidgarOMGitzMidgar

      1642215




      1642215






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55036214%2fsolr-facet-results-differ-on-each-query%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55036214%2fsolr-facet-results-differ-on-each-query%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page