How do you prevent resizing of a shape/textbox but allow moving?2019 Community Moderator ElectionProhibit or at least detect Excel shape movementAdding Workshhet_activate and _deactivate to an existing sheet using VBA codeOnly I am able to save a macro-enabled workbook?How to make ActiveX textbox readonly but scrollable in Excel 2013?VBA Textbox value loop vlookup for number of times value is foundHow to move a shape without selecting it?Give macro access to protected sheetsHow do I prevent editing of specific cells but allow the viewer to only select them?VISIO VBA - Position shapes inside existing shapesDrag and Drop into a group - MS Visio VBA

Can I negotiate a patent idea for a raise, under French law?

Professor forcing me to attend a conference, I can't afford even with 50% funding

The meaning of ‘otherwise’

I can't die. Who am I?

Are small insurances worth it?

Can we track matter through time by looking at different depths in space?

In the late 1940’s to early 1950’s what technology was available that could melt ice?

When Schnorr signatures are part of Bitcoin will it be possible validate each block with only one signature validation?

Expressing logarithmic equations without logs

Which classes are needed to have access to every spell in the PHB?

Finitely many repeated replacements

Does Christianity allow for believing on someone else's behalf?

MySQL importing CSV files really slow

How do we create new idioms and use them in a novel?

For which categories of spectra is there an explicit description of the fibrant objects via lifting properties?

Doesn't allowing a user mode program to access kernel space memory and execute the IN and OUT instructions defeat the purpose of having CPU modes?

Which situations would cause a company to ground or recall a aircraft series?

How do electrons receive energy when a body is heated?

NASA's RS-25 Engines

Should I take out a loan for a friend to invest on my behalf?

What would be the most expensive material to an intergalactic society?

Doubts in understanding some concepts of potential energy

What materials can be used to make a humanoid skin warm?

Why do phishing e-mails use faked e-mail addresses instead of the real one?



How do you prevent resizing of a shape/textbox but allow moving?



2019 Community Moderator ElectionProhibit or at least detect Excel shape movementAdding Workshhet_activate and _deactivate to an existing sheet using VBA codeOnly I am able to save a macro-enabled workbook?How to make ActiveX textbox readonly but scrollable in Excel 2013?VBA Textbox value loop vlookup for number of times value is foundHow to move a shape without selecting it?Give macro access to protected sheetsHow do I prevent editing of specific cells but allow the viewer to only select them?VISIO VBA - Position shapes inside existing shapesDrag and Drop into a group - MS Visio VBA










0















I have shapes that serve as markers in the sense that I will later read coordinates off of these markers. I want to prevent these shapes from being resized, but allow them to be dragged and dropped around the page. They are currently rectangles, but can be substituted with textboxes if needed.



Unfortunately locking the objects and protecting the page just prevents me from interacting with them at all.










share|improve this question









New contributor




xg49 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • Are you using active controls or the controls on the userform?

    – Lunalo John
    Mar 7 at 8:26











  • @LunaloJohn I'm using activex controls directly on the spreadsheet

    – xg49
    Mar 7 at 15:07















0















I have shapes that serve as markers in the sense that I will later read coordinates off of these markers. I want to prevent these shapes from being resized, but allow them to be dragged and dropped around the page. They are currently rectangles, but can be substituted with textboxes if needed.



Unfortunately locking the objects and protecting the page just prevents me from interacting with them at all.










share|improve this question









New contributor




xg49 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • Are you using active controls or the controls on the userform?

    – Lunalo John
    Mar 7 at 8:26











  • @LunaloJohn I'm using activex controls directly on the spreadsheet

    – xg49
    Mar 7 at 15:07













0












0








0








I have shapes that serve as markers in the sense that I will later read coordinates off of these markers. I want to prevent these shapes from being resized, but allow them to be dragged and dropped around the page. They are currently rectangles, but can be substituted with textboxes if needed.



Unfortunately locking the objects and protecting the page just prevents me from interacting with them at all.










share|improve this question









New contributor




xg49 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












I have shapes that serve as markers in the sense that I will later read coordinates off of these markers. I want to prevent these shapes from being resized, but allow them to be dragged and dropped around the page. They are currently rectangles, but can be substituted with textboxes if needed.



Unfortunately locking the objects and protecting the page just prevents me from interacting with them at all.







excel vba






share|improve this question









New contributor




xg49 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.











share|improve this question









New contributor




xg49 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 7 at 8:08









Pᴇʜ

23.7k62952




23.7k62952






New contributor




xg49 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









asked Mar 7 at 4:59









xg49xg49

1




1




New contributor




xg49 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.





New contributor





xg49 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.






xg49 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












  • Are you using active controls or the controls on the userform?

    – Lunalo John
    Mar 7 at 8:26











  • @LunaloJohn I'm using activex controls directly on the spreadsheet

    – xg49
    Mar 7 at 15:07

















  • Are you using active controls or the controls on the userform?

    – Lunalo John
    Mar 7 at 8:26











  • @LunaloJohn I'm using activex controls directly on the spreadsheet

    – xg49
    Mar 7 at 15:07
















Are you using active controls or the controls on the userform?

– Lunalo John
Mar 7 at 8:26





Are you using active controls or the controls on the userform?

– Lunalo John
Mar 7 at 8:26













@LunaloJohn I'm using activex controls directly on the spreadsheet

– xg49
Mar 7 at 15:07





@LunaloJohn I'm using activex controls directly on the spreadsheet

– xg49
Mar 7 at 15:07












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);






xg49 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55036384%2fhow-do-you-prevent-resizing-of-a-shape-textbox-but-allow-moving%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








xg49 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















xg49 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.












xg49 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.











xg49 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.














Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55036384%2fhow-do-you-prevent-resizing-of-a-shape-textbox-but-allow-moving%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page