read .pkl files from IBM object storage2019 Community Moderator ElectionPHP Softlayer Object Storage Upload SSL errorHow do I do bulk file storage with IBM Object Storage?IBM Object Storage with PythonAuthorization Header - IBM Cloud Object StorageIBM Cloud - Object Storage , nosuchkeyhow can I save a binary file from cloud object storage to the notebook filesystem?How to set (basic http) authentication for IBM Cloud Object Storage (COS) files?How to download multiple objects from IBM Cloud Object Storage?create object with python ibm-cos-sdk get doesn't workIBM Object Storage Archive

When two POV characters meet

What does it mean when multiple 々 marks follow a 、?

How do anti-virus programs start at Windows boot?

Is having access to past exams cheating and, if yes, could it be proven just by a good grade?

Want to switch to tankless, but can I use my existing wiring?

Should we release the security issues we found in our product as CVE or we can just update those on weekly release notes?

Making a sword in the stone, in a medieval world without magic

Best mythical creature to use as livestock?

How could a female member of a species produce eggs unto death?

As a monk, can you make a melee attack roll using your Strength modifier, but roll damage with your Dexterity modifier?

Why does Deadpool say "You're welcome, Canada," after shooting Ryan Reynolds in the end credits?

Is a lawful good "antagonist" effective?

If the Captain's screens are out, does he switch seats with the co-pilot?

Identifying the interval from A♭ to D♯

Single word request: Harming the benefactor

validation vs test vs training accuracy, which one to compare for claiming overfit?

Potentiometer like component

Can infringement of a trademark be pursued for using a company's name in a sentence?

What is the dot in “1.2.4."

Time dilation for a moving electronic clock

Is going from continuous data to categorical always wrong?

Excess Zinc in garden soil

Is "history" a male-biased word ("his+story")?

Ban on all campaign finance?



read .pkl files from IBM object storage



2019 Community Moderator ElectionPHP Softlayer Object Storage Upload SSL errorHow do I do bulk file storage with IBM Object Storage?IBM Object Storage with PythonAuthorization Header - IBM Cloud Object StorageIBM Cloud - Object Storage , nosuchkeyhow can I save a binary file from cloud object storage to the notebook filesystem?How to set (basic http) authentication for IBM Cloud Object Storage (COS) files?How to download multiple objects from IBM Cloud Object Storage?create object with python ibm-cos-sdk get doesn't workIBM Object Storage Archive










0















I am trying to read '.pkl' files stored in IBM object storage into IBM cloud/jupyter notebook using function given below. I am using python 2.7.



from ibm_botocore.client import Config

import ibm_boto3

COS_ENDPOINT = "https://s3.private.us.cloud-object-
torage.appdomain.cloud"
COS_API_KEY_ID = "xxxxxxxxxxxx"
COS_AUTH_ENDPOINT = "https://iam.ng.bluemix.net/oidc/token"
COS_RESOURCE_CRN = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
COS_BUCKET_LOCATION = "us-geo"

# Create resource
cos = ibm_boto3.resource("s3",
ibm_api_key_id=COS_API_KEY_ID,
ibm_service_instance_id=COS_RESOURCE_CRN,
ibm_auth_endpoint=COS_AUTH_ENDPOINT,
config=Config(signature_version="oauth"),
endpoint_url=COS_ENDPOINT
)

def get_item(bucket_name, item_name):
print("Retrieving item from bucket: 0, key:
1".format(bucket_name, item_name))
try:
file = cos.Object(bucket_name, item_name).get()
print("File Contents: 0".format(file["Body"].read()))
except ClientError as be:
print("CLIENT ERROR: 0n".format(be))
except Exception as e:
print("Unable to retrieve file contents: 0".format(e))

get_item('bucket_name', 'item_name')


The function get_item is returning empty string when trying to read '.pkl' file. But using same function I am able to read a '.txt' file. The '.pkl' file is 30 MB in size so I am not able to download them into IBM cloud because of size constraint. Could anyone please let me know how to stream cloud object storage data without downloading them.










share|improve this question


























    0















    I am trying to read '.pkl' files stored in IBM object storage into IBM cloud/jupyter notebook using function given below. I am using python 2.7.



    from ibm_botocore.client import Config

    import ibm_boto3

    COS_ENDPOINT = "https://s3.private.us.cloud-object-
    torage.appdomain.cloud"
    COS_API_KEY_ID = "xxxxxxxxxxxx"
    COS_AUTH_ENDPOINT = "https://iam.ng.bluemix.net/oidc/token"
    COS_RESOURCE_CRN = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    COS_BUCKET_LOCATION = "us-geo"

    # Create resource
    cos = ibm_boto3.resource("s3",
    ibm_api_key_id=COS_API_KEY_ID,
    ibm_service_instance_id=COS_RESOURCE_CRN,
    ibm_auth_endpoint=COS_AUTH_ENDPOINT,
    config=Config(signature_version="oauth"),
    endpoint_url=COS_ENDPOINT
    )

    def get_item(bucket_name, item_name):
    print("Retrieving item from bucket: 0, key:
    1".format(bucket_name, item_name))
    try:
    file = cos.Object(bucket_name, item_name).get()
    print("File Contents: 0".format(file["Body"].read()))
    except ClientError as be:
    print("CLIENT ERROR: 0n".format(be))
    except Exception as e:
    print("Unable to retrieve file contents: 0".format(e))

    get_item('bucket_name', 'item_name')


    The function get_item is returning empty string when trying to read '.pkl' file. But using same function I am able to read a '.txt' file. The '.pkl' file is 30 MB in size so I am not able to download them into IBM cloud because of size constraint. Could anyone please let me know how to stream cloud object storage data without downloading them.










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      I am trying to read '.pkl' files stored in IBM object storage into IBM cloud/jupyter notebook using function given below. I am using python 2.7.



      from ibm_botocore.client import Config

      import ibm_boto3

      COS_ENDPOINT = "https://s3.private.us.cloud-object-
      torage.appdomain.cloud"
      COS_API_KEY_ID = "xxxxxxxxxxxx"
      COS_AUTH_ENDPOINT = "https://iam.ng.bluemix.net/oidc/token"
      COS_RESOURCE_CRN = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
      COS_BUCKET_LOCATION = "us-geo"

      # Create resource
      cos = ibm_boto3.resource("s3",
      ibm_api_key_id=COS_API_KEY_ID,
      ibm_service_instance_id=COS_RESOURCE_CRN,
      ibm_auth_endpoint=COS_AUTH_ENDPOINT,
      config=Config(signature_version="oauth"),
      endpoint_url=COS_ENDPOINT
      )

      def get_item(bucket_name, item_name):
      print("Retrieving item from bucket: 0, key:
      1".format(bucket_name, item_name))
      try:
      file = cos.Object(bucket_name, item_name).get()
      print("File Contents: 0".format(file["Body"].read()))
      except ClientError as be:
      print("CLIENT ERROR: 0n".format(be))
      except Exception as e:
      print("Unable to retrieve file contents: 0".format(e))

      get_item('bucket_name', 'item_name')


      The function get_item is returning empty string when trying to read '.pkl' file. But using same function I am able to read a '.txt' file. The '.pkl' file is 30 MB in size so I am not able to download them into IBM cloud because of size constraint. Could anyone please let me know how to stream cloud object storage data without downloading them.










      share|improve this question














      I am trying to read '.pkl' files stored in IBM object storage into IBM cloud/jupyter notebook using function given below. I am using python 2.7.



      from ibm_botocore.client import Config

      import ibm_boto3

      COS_ENDPOINT = "https://s3.private.us.cloud-object-
      torage.appdomain.cloud"
      COS_API_KEY_ID = "xxxxxxxxxxxx"
      COS_AUTH_ENDPOINT = "https://iam.ng.bluemix.net/oidc/token"
      COS_RESOURCE_CRN = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
      COS_BUCKET_LOCATION = "us-geo"

      # Create resource
      cos = ibm_boto3.resource("s3",
      ibm_api_key_id=COS_API_KEY_ID,
      ibm_service_instance_id=COS_RESOURCE_CRN,
      ibm_auth_endpoint=COS_AUTH_ENDPOINT,
      config=Config(signature_version="oauth"),
      endpoint_url=COS_ENDPOINT
      )

      def get_item(bucket_name, item_name):
      print("Retrieving item from bucket: 0, key:
      1".format(bucket_name, item_name))
      try:
      file = cos.Object(bucket_name, item_name).get()
      print("File Contents: 0".format(file["Body"].read()))
      except ClientError as be:
      print("CLIENT ERROR: 0n".format(be))
      except Exception as e:
      print("Unable to retrieve file contents: 0".format(e))

      get_item('bucket_name', 'item_name')


      The function get_item is returning empty string when trying to read '.pkl' file. But using same function I am able to read a '.txt' file. The '.pkl' file is 30 MB in size so I am not able to download them into IBM cloud because of size constraint. Could anyone please let me know how to stream cloud object storage data without downloading them.







      python-2.7 ibm-cloud object-storage






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 7 at 11:07









      VinayVinay

      33




      33






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55042362%2fread-pkl-files-from-ibm-object-storage%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55042362%2fread-pkl-files-from-ibm-object-storage%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page