orthogonal projection of 2D point to a 3D plane2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow do I find the orthogonal projection of a point onto a planeFastest way to determine if an integer's square root is an integerIs floating point math broken?Projection on a plane using a 2*3 matrixHow do I find the orthogonal projection of a point onto a planeHow may I project vectors onto a plane defined by its orthogonal vector in Python?Projecting 3D points to 2D planeHow do I reverse-project 2D points on a plane into 3D?Ortho projection of 3D points with a vectorprojecting points onto a plane given by a normal and a pointProject 3D coordinates to a 2D plane

How does learning spells work when leveling a multiclass character?

Why does this boat have a landing pad? (SpaceX's GO Searcher) Any plans for propulsive capsule landings?

Limpar string com Regex

How to make sure I'm assertive enough in contact with subordinates?

Unfamiliar notation in Diabelli's "Duet in D" for piano

How spaceships determine each other's mass in space?

How to educate team mate to take screenshots for bugs with out unwanted stuff

What would be the most expensive material to an intergalactic society?

ESPP--any reason not to go all in?

Will the concrete slab in a partially heated shed conduct a lot of heat to the unconditioned area?

Giving a career talk in my old university, how prominently should I tell students my salary?

Issue with units for a rocket nozzle throat area problem

How to recover against Snake as a heavyweight character?

Create chunks from an array

Is there a math expression equivalent to the conditional ternary operator?

Insult for someone who "doesn't know anything"

Inorganic chemistry handbook with reaction lists

What can I do if someone tampers with my SSH public key?

Is the differential, dp, exact or not?

Precision notation for voltmeters

Why does a car's steering wheel get lighter with increasing speed

What does it take to become a wilderness skills guide as a business?

Boss Telling direct supervisor I snitched

How to install "rounded" brake pads



orthogonal projection of 2D point to a 3D plane



2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow do I find the orthogonal projection of a point onto a planeFastest way to determine if an integer's square root is an integerIs floating point math broken?Projection on a plane using a 2*3 matrixHow do I find the orthogonal projection of a point onto a planeHow may I project vectors onto a plane defined by its orthogonal vector in Python?Projecting 3D points to 2D planeHow do I reverse-project 2D points on a plane into 3D?Ortho projection of 3D points with a vectorprojecting points onto a plane given by a normal and a pointProject 3D coordinates to a 2D plane










-1















There are some answers already to projecting a 3D point to a 3D plane. (How do I find the orthogonal projection of a point onto a plane)



However, I wonder if it is possible to do an orthogonal projection of a 2D point onto a 3D plane (defined either by a normal and a point or as a 4D vector normal form)?



The context is that I have fitted a 3D plane to an image scene and then I want to do an orthogonal projection of a 2D image pixel coordinates onto this plane.










share|improve this question

















  • 1





    There is no 2D points in 3D world. They are 3D, so approach is the same,

    – MBo
    2 days ago











  • If I understand what you're asking correctly, then uv-mapping is probably what you want: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_mapping

    – Peter Collingridge
    2 days ago















-1















There are some answers already to projecting a 3D point to a 3D plane. (How do I find the orthogonal projection of a point onto a plane)



However, I wonder if it is possible to do an orthogonal projection of a 2D point onto a 3D plane (defined either by a normal and a point or as a 4D vector normal form)?



The context is that I have fitted a 3D plane to an image scene and then I want to do an orthogonal projection of a 2D image pixel coordinates onto this plane.










share|improve this question

















  • 1





    There is no 2D points in 3D world. They are 3D, so approach is the same,

    – MBo
    2 days ago











  • If I understand what you're asking correctly, then uv-mapping is probably what you want: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_mapping

    – Peter Collingridge
    2 days ago













-1












-1








-1








There are some answers already to projecting a 3D point to a 3D plane. (How do I find the orthogonal projection of a point onto a plane)



However, I wonder if it is possible to do an orthogonal projection of a 2D point onto a 3D plane (defined either by a normal and a point or as a 4D vector normal form)?



The context is that I have fitted a 3D plane to an image scene and then I want to do an orthogonal projection of a 2D image pixel coordinates onto this plane.










share|improve this question














There are some answers already to projecting a 3D point to a 3D plane. (How do I find the orthogonal projection of a point onto a plane)



However, I wonder if it is possible to do an orthogonal projection of a 2D point onto a 3D plane (defined either by a normal and a point or as a 4D vector normal form)?



The context is that I have fitted a 3D plane to an image scene and then I want to do an orthogonal projection of a 2D image pixel coordinates onto this plane.







math 3d projection coordinate-transformation






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked 2 days ago









LucaLuca

3,27052786




3,27052786







  • 1





    There is no 2D points in 3D world. They are 3D, so approach is the same,

    – MBo
    2 days ago











  • If I understand what you're asking correctly, then uv-mapping is probably what you want: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_mapping

    – Peter Collingridge
    2 days ago












  • 1





    There is no 2D points in 3D world. They are 3D, so approach is the same,

    – MBo
    2 days ago











  • If I understand what you're asking correctly, then uv-mapping is probably what you want: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_mapping

    – Peter Collingridge
    2 days ago







1




1





There is no 2D points in 3D world. They are 3D, so approach is the same,

– MBo
2 days ago





There is no 2D points in 3D world. They are 3D, so approach is the same,

– MBo
2 days ago













If I understand what you're asking correctly, then uv-mapping is probably what you want: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_mapping

– Peter Collingridge
2 days ago





If I understand what you're asking correctly, then uv-mapping is probably what you want: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_mapping

– Peter Collingridge
2 days ago












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55028038%2forthogonal-projection-of-2d-point-to-a-3d-plane%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55028038%2forthogonal-projection-of-2d-point-to-a-3d-plane%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page