Service worker fails to register on Facebook Instant Games2019 Community Moderator ElectionRegister service worker failed with localhostError with Service Worker registrationregister service worker with httpService worker over http: An SSL certificate error occurred when fetching the scriptServiceWorker registration failed with localhostRegister Service Worker in ZendAdd Service worker to a vuejs/firebase web applicationERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): TypeError: Failed to register a ServiceWorkerAdd custom service worker on VUEFailed to register service worker with OneSignal and polymer

How to install "rounded" brake pads

What exactly is the meaning of "fine wine"?

Was this cameo in Captain Marvel computer generated?

Why does a car's steering wheel get lighter with increasing speed

Too soon for a plot twist?

Inorganic chemistry handbook with reaction lists

Why do we call complex numbers “numbers” but we don’t consider 2-vectors numbers?

How to educate team mate to take screenshots for bugs with out unwanted stuff

How spaceships determine each other's mass in space?

A vote on the Brexit backstop

Why restrict private health insurance?

Professor forcing me to attend a conference, I can't afford even with 50% funding

Has a sovereign Communist government ever run, and conceded loss, on a fair election?

Should we avoid writing fiction about historical events without extensive research?

Will the concrete slab in a partially heated shed conduct a lot of heat to the unconditioned area?

Tool for measuring readability of English text

An Undercover Army

I am the light that shines in the dark

Averaging over columns while ignoring zero entries

Where is the License file location for Identity Server in Sitecore 9.1?

Is there a math expression equivalent to the conditional ternary operator?

Who has more? Ireland or Iceland?

How can I portion out frozen cookie dough?

Why would /etc/passwd be used every time someone executes `ls -l` command?



Service worker fails to register on Facebook Instant Games



2019 Community Moderator ElectionRegister service worker failed with localhostError with Service Worker registrationregister service worker with httpService worker over http: An SSL certificate error occurred when fetching the scriptServiceWorker registration failed with localhostRegister Service Worker in ZendAdd Service worker to a vuejs/firebase web applicationERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): TypeError: Failed to register a ServiceWorkerAdd custom service worker on VUEFailed to register service worker with OneSignal and polymer










0















I am trying to register a service worker in Facebook Instant game.



The service worker file named service-worker.js is placed in the root of a bundle.



Attempt to register SW in an entry script with



navigator.serviceWorker.register('service-worker.js')



fails with



Failed to register a ServiceWorker: A bad HTTP response code (400) was received when fetching the script. TypeError: Failed to register a ServiceWorker: A bad HTTP response code (400) was received when fetching the script.



In Application > Service Worker dev-tools I see that the path to the SW is correct:



https://apps-[SOME_FB_IDS].apps.fbsbx.com/instant-bundle/[FB_APP_ID]/[SOME_FB_IDS]



This is the same path that main 'index.html' file is served from.



I've also tried to register service worker with absolute path and pathname only. No success fails with same error.



I suspect that the issue occurs because Facebook serves instant game bundles from sub folders /instant-bundle/.... Also tried experimenting with scope option, with no success.



Is there any proper method to register service worker for this FB platform?
Am I missing something?










share|improve this question


























    0















    I am trying to register a service worker in Facebook Instant game.



    The service worker file named service-worker.js is placed in the root of a bundle.



    Attempt to register SW in an entry script with



    navigator.serviceWorker.register('service-worker.js')



    fails with



    Failed to register a ServiceWorker: A bad HTTP response code (400) was received when fetching the script. TypeError: Failed to register a ServiceWorker: A bad HTTP response code (400) was received when fetching the script.



    In Application > Service Worker dev-tools I see that the path to the SW is correct:



    https://apps-[SOME_FB_IDS].apps.fbsbx.com/instant-bundle/[FB_APP_ID]/[SOME_FB_IDS]



    This is the same path that main 'index.html' file is served from.



    I've also tried to register service worker with absolute path and pathname only. No success fails with same error.



    I suspect that the issue occurs because Facebook serves instant game bundles from sub folders /instant-bundle/.... Also tried experimenting with scope option, with no success.



    Is there any proper method to register service worker for this FB platform?
    Am I missing something?










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      I am trying to register a service worker in Facebook Instant game.



      The service worker file named service-worker.js is placed in the root of a bundle.



      Attempt to register SW in an entry script with



      navigator.serviceWorker.register('service-worker.js')



      fails with



      Failed to register a ServiceWorker: A bad HTTP response code (400) was received when fetching the script. TypeError: Failed to register a ServiceWorker: A bad HTTP response code (400) was received when fetching the script.



      In Application > Service Worker dev-tools I see that the path to the SW is correct:



      https://apps-[SOME_FB_IDS].apps.fbsbx.com/instant-bundle/[FB_APP_ID]/[SOME_FB_IDS]



      This is the same path that main 'index.html' file is served from.



      I've also tried to register service worker with absolute path and pathname only. No success fails with same error.



      I suspect that the issue occurs because Facebook serves instant game bundles from sub folders /instant-bundle/.... Also tried experimenting with scope option, with no success.



      Is there any proper method to register service worker for this FB platform?
      Am I missing something?










      share|improve this question














      I am trying to register a service worker in Facebook Instant game.



      The service worker file named service-worker.js is placed in the root of a bundle.



      Attempt to register SW in an entry script with



      navigator.serviceWorker.register('service-worker.js')



      fails with



      Failed to register a ServiceWorker: A bad HTTP response code (400) was received when fetching the script. TypeError: Failed to register a ServiceWorker: A bad HTTP response code (400) was received when fetching the script.



      In Application > Service Worker dev-tools I see that the path to the SW is correct:



      https://apps-[SOME_FB_IDS].apps.fbsbx.com/instant-bundle/[FB_APP_ID]/[SOME_FB_IDS]



      This is the same path that main 'index.html' file is served from.



      I've also tried to register service worker with absolute path and pathname only. No success fails with same error.



      I suspect that the issue occurs because Facebook serves instant game bundles from sub folders /instant-bundle/.... Also tried experimenting with scope option, with no success.



      Is there any proper method to register service worker for this FB platform?
      Am I missing something?







      service-worker facebook-instant-games






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked 2 days ago









      ioi0ioi0

      13529




      13529






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55026309%2fservice-worker-fails-to-register-on-facebook-instant-games%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55026309%2fservice-worker-fails-to-register-on-facebook-instant-games%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page