find: list date and size without using -printfHow do I get current datetime on the Windows command line, in a suitable format for using in a filename?Use grep --exclude/--include syntax to not grep through certain filesUsing ls to list directories and their total sizesHow to exclude a directory in find . commandGiven two directory trees, how can I find out which files differ?How to recursively find and list the latest modified files in a directory with subdirectories and times?How can I recursively find all files in current and subfolders based on wildcard matching?How do I find all files containing specific text on Linux?How to get the current date and time in the terminal and set a custom command in terminal for it?How to display modified date time with 'find' command?

What should you do when eye contact makes your subordinate uncomfortable?

Can I still be respawned if I die by falling off the map?

What are the advantages of simplicial model categories over non-simplicial ones?

Why did the EU agree to delay the Brexit deadline?

Plot of a tornado-shaped surface

Why is this estimator biased?

Why should universal income be universal?

Picking the different solutions to the time independent Schrodinger eqaution

How can "mimic phobia" be cured or prevented?

Can disgust be a key component of horror?

Strong empirical falsification of quantum mechanics based on vacuum energy density

Can a Canadian Travel to the USA twice, less than 180 days each time?

Did arcade monitors have same pixel aspect ratio as TV sets?

Hero deduces identity of a killer

Non-trope happy ending?

Can a College of Swords bard use a Blade Flourish option on an opportunity attack provoked by their own Dissonant Whispers spell?

Is there a way to get `mathscr' with lower case letters in pdfLaTeX?

Using substitution ciphers to generate new alphabets in a novel

How should I respond when I lied about my education and the company finds out through background check?

I'm the sea and the sun

Mimic lecturing on blackboard, facing audience

PTIJ: Haman's bad computer

Quoting Keynes in a lecture

Does an advisor owe his/her student anything? Will an advisor keep a PhD student only out of pity?



find: list date and size without using -printf


How do I get current datetime on the Windows command line, in a suitable format for using in a filename?Use grep --exclude/--include syntax to not grep through certain filesUsing ls to list directories and their total sizesHow to exclude a directory in find . commandGiven two directory trees, how can I find out which files differ?How to recursively find and list the latest modified files in a directory with subdirectories and times?How can I recursively find all files in current and subfolders based on wildcard matching?How do I find all files containing specific text on Linux?How to get the current date and time in the terminal and set a custom command in terminal for it?How to display modified date time with 'find' command?













0















Is there a way to do the following without using the -printf option, which I don't have?



find . -printf "%p (%s, %Tb %Td %TY %TH:%TM)n" 


Basically I want the size and date/time to be listed alongside the names.



A sample output of the following structure:



 .
|-one
|-two
| |-two_2
| |-two_1
|-test_file


would be:



. (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
./one (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:37)
./two (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
./two/two_2 (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
./two/two_1 (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
./test_file (0, Mar 06 2019 16:38)









share|improve this question


























    0















    Is there a way to do the following without using the -printf option, which I don't have?



    find . -printf "%p (%s, %Tb %Td %TY %TH:%TM)n" 


    Basically I want the size and date/time to be listed alongside the names.



    A sample output of the following structure:



     .
    |-one
    |-two
    | |-two_2
    | |-two_1
    |-test_file


    would be:



    . (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
    ./one (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:37)
    ./two (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
    ./two/two_2 (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
    ./two/two_1 (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
    ./test_file (0, Mar 06 2019 16:38)









    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      Is there a way to do the following without using the -printf option, which I don't have?



      find . -printf "%p (%s, %Tb %Td %TY %TH:%TM)n" 


      Basically I want the size and date/time to be listed alongside the names.



      A sample output of the following structure:



       .
      |-one
      |-two
      | |-two_2
      | |-two_1
      |-test_file


      would be:



      . (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
      ./one (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:37)
      ./two (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
      ./two/two_2 (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
      ./two/two_1 (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
      ./test_file (0, Mar 06 2019 16:38)









      share|improve this question














      Is there a way to do the following without using the -printf option, which I don't have?



      find . -printf "%p (%s, %Tb %Td %TY %TH:%TM)n" 


      Basically I want the size and date/time to be listed alongside the names.



      A sample output of the following structure:



       .
      |-one
      |-two
      | |-two_2
      | |-two_1
      |-test_file


      would be:



      . (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
      ./one (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:37)
      ./two (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
      ./two/two_2 (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
      ./two/two_1 (4096, Mar 06 2019 16:38)
      ./test_file (0, Mar 06 2019 16:38)






      linux command-line grep find






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 8 at 2:15









      JobsJobs

      1,75721235




      1,75721235






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          I've figured it out.



          -exec stat


          could be used instead to get size and date info.



          find . -type f -exec stat -c '%n (%z , %A , %s)' + | sed -
          e s'/.000000000//'g


          This is useful when the -printf option is not available.






          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55055780%2ffind-list-date-and-size-without-using-printf%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            0














            I've figured it out.



            -exec stat


            could be used instead to get size and date info.



            find . -type f -exec stat -c '%n (%z , %A , %s)' + | sed -
            e s'/.000000000//'g


            This is useful when the -printf option is not available.






            share|improve this answer



























              0














              I've figured it out.



              -exec stat


              could be used instead to get size and date info.



              find . -type f -exec stat -c '%n (%z , %A , %s)' + | sed -
              e s'/.000000000//'g


              This is useful when the -printf option is not available.






              share|improve this answer

























                0












                0








                0







                I've figured it out.



                -exec stat


                could be used instead to get size and date info.



                find . -type f -exec stat -c '%n (%z , %A , %s)' + | sed -
                e s'/.000000000//'g


                This is useful when the -printf option is not available.






                share|improve this answer













                I've figured it out.



                -exec stat


                could be used instead to get size and date info.



                find . -type f -exec stat -c '%n (%z , %A , %s)' + | sed -
                e s'/.000000000//'g


                This is useful when the -printf option is not available.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 9 at 21:13









                JobsJobs

                1,75721235




                1,75721235





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55055780%2ffind-list-date-and-size-without-using-printf%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page