Assign incremental integers as Column headers - PythonCalling an external command in PythonWhat are metaclasses in Python?How can I safely create a nested directory in Python?Does Python have a ternary conditional operator?Converting integer to string in Python?Does Python have a string 'contains' substring method?Renaming columns in pandasDelete column from pandas DataFrame by column nameSelect rows from a DataFrame based on values in a column in pandasGet list from pandas DataFrame column headers

What are some good ways to treat frozen vegetables such that they behave like fresh vegetables when stir frying them?

"It doesn't matter" or "it won't matter"?

Can you use Vicious Mockery to win an argument or gain favours?

How to convince somebody that he is fit for something else, but not this job?

How to explain what's wrong with this application of the chain rule?

Microchip documentation does not label CAN buss pins on micro controller pinout diagram

How many arrows is an archer expected to fire by the end of the Tyranny of Dragons pair of adventures?

Why is the Sun approximated as a black body at ~ 5800 K?

What is the highest possible scrabble score for placing a single tile

Which Article Helped Get Rid of Technobabble in RPGs?

What does Apple's new App Store requirement mean

Do we have to expect a queue for the shuttle from Watford Junction to Harry Potter Studio?

What is going on with gets(stdin) on the site coderbyte?

Can I say "fingers" when referring to toes?

Has the laser at Magurele, Romania reached a tenth of the Sun's power?

What to do when eye contact makes your coworker uncomfortable?

Fantasy comedy romance novel, set in medieval times, involving a siege, a nun, and enchanted pickles

How does electrical safety system work on ISS?

How can I write humor as character trait?

I found an audio circuit and I built it just fine, but I find it a bit too quiet. How do I amplify the output so that it is a bit louder?

A variation to the phrase "hanging over my shoulders"

C++ check if statement can be evaluated constexpr

Delete multiple columns using awk or sed

Review your own paper in Mathematics



Assign incremental integers as Column headers - Python


Calling an external command in PythonWhat are metaclasses in Python?How can I safely create a nested directory in Python?Does Python have a ternary conditional operator?Converting integer to string in Python?Does Python have a string 'contains' substring method?Renaming columns in pandasDelete column from pandas DataFrame by column nameSelect rows from a DataFrame based on values in a column in pandasGet list from pandas DataFrame column headers













0















I am trying to automatically assign integers as column headers to a pandas df after a specific string. I can do this manually by reading and counting the amount of columns in any one df. e.g.



df.columns=['X',1,2,3...]


But I want to achieve this automatically without having to count the number of columns. The first column should be a string and then automatically assign incremental integers to the other columns..



I attempted to achieve this using a combination of @kudeh's suggestion.



df.columns = 'X' + [i for i in range(1,len(df.columns)+1)]


But this returns an error:



df.columns = 'X' + [i for i in range(1,len(df.columns)+1)]

TypeError: must be str, not list


Intended Output:



df.columns = ['X',1,2,3...]









share|improve this question
























  • I have to manually count the columns and insert df.columns['X',1,2,n]. I want to automatically assign the columns without having to count them.

    – jonboy
    Mar 8 at 0:31















0















I am trying to automatically assign integers as column headers to a pandas df after a specific string. I can do this manually by reading and counting the amount of columns in any one df. e.g.



df.columns=['X',1,2,3...]


But I want to achieve this automatically without having to count the number of columns. The first column should be a string and then automatically assign incremental integers to the other columns..



I attempted to achieve this using a combination of @kudeh's suggestion.



df.columns = 'X' + [i for i in range(1,len(df.columns)+1)]


But this returns an error:



df.columns = 'X' + [i for i in range(1,len(df.columns)+1)]

TypeError: must be str, not list


Intended Output:



df.columns = ['X',1,2,3...]









share|improve this question
























  • I have to manually count the columns and insert df.columns['X',1,2,n]. I want to automatically assign the columns without having to count them.

    – jonboy
    Mar 8 at 0:31













0












0








0








I am trying to automatically assign integers as column headers to a pandas df after a specific string. I can do this manually by reading and counting the amount of columns in any one df. e.g.



df.columns=['X',1,2,3...]


But I want to achieve this automatically without having to count the number of columns. The first column should be a string and then automatically assign incremental integers to the other columns..



I attempted to achieve this using a combination of @kudeh's suggestion.



df.columns = 'X' + [i for i in range(1,len(df.columns)+1)]


But this returns an error:



df.columns = 'X' + [i for i in range(1,len(df.columns)+1)]

TypeError: must be str, not list


Intended Output:



df.columns = ['X',1,2,3...]









share|improve this question
















I am trying to automatically assign integers as column headers to a pandas df after a specific string. I can do this manually by reading and counting the amount of columns in any one df. e.g.



df.columns=['X',1,2,3...]


But I want to achieve this automatically without having to count the number of columns. The first column should be a string and then automatically assign incremental integers to the other columns..



I attempted to achieve this using a combination of @kudeh's suggestion.



df.columns = 'X' + [i for i in range(1,len(df.columns)+1)]


But this returns an error:



df.columns = 'X' + [i for i in range(1,len(df.columns)+1)]

TypeError: must be str, not list


Intended Output:



df.columns = ['X',1,2,3...]






python pandas dataframe int assign






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 8 at 0:29







jonboy

















asked Mar 7 at 23:54









jonboyjonboy

69111




69111












  • I have to manually count the columns and insert df.columns['X',1,2,n]. I want to automatically assign the columns without having to count them.

    – jonboy
    Mar 8 at 0:31

















  • I have to manually count the columns and insert df.columns['X',1,2,n]. I want to automatically assign the columns without having to count them.

    – jonboy
    Mar 8 at 0:31
















I have to manually count the columns and insert df.columns['X',1,2,n]. I want to automatically assign the columns without having to count them.

– jonboy
Mar 8 at 0:31





I have to manually count the columns and insert df.columns['X',1,2,n]. I want to automatically assign the columns without having to count them.

– jonboy
Mar 8 at 0:31












1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















1














cols = ['X']
otherCols = [i for i in range(1,len(df.columns))]
cols.extend(otherCols)

df.columns = cols





share|improve this answer

























  • Sorry @kudeh. I didn't explain the question properly. I've amended it now

    – jonboy
    Mar 8 at 0:20










Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55054680%2fassign-incremental-integers-as-column-headers-python%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes









1














cols = ['X']
otherCols = [i for i in range(1,len(df.columns))]
cols.extend(otherCols)

df.columns = cols





share|improve this answer

























  • Sorry @kudeh. I didn't explain the question properly. I've amended it now

    – jonboy
    Mar 8 at 0:20















1














cols = ['X']
otherCols = [i for i in range(1,len(df.columns))]
cols.extend(otherCols)

df.columns = cols





share|improve this answer

























  • Sorry @kudeh. I didn't explain the question properly. I've amended it now

    – jonboy
    Mar 8 at 0:20













1












1








1







cols = ['X']
otherCols = [i for i in range(1,len(df.columns))]
cols.extend(otherCols)

df.columns = cols





share|improve this answer















cols = ['X']
otherCols = [i for i in range(1,len(df.columns))]
cols.extend(otherCols)

df.columns = cols






share|improve this answer














share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer








edited Mar 8 at 0:33

























answered Mar 8 at 0:09









kudehkudeh

350110




350110












  • Sorry @kudeh. I didn't explain the question properly. I've amended it now

    – jonboy
    Mar 8 at 0:20

















  • Sorry @kudeh. I didn't explain the question properly. I've amended it now

    – jonboy
    Mar 8 at 0:20
















Sorry @kudeh. I didn't explain the question properly. I've amended it now

– jonboy
Mar 8 at 0:20





Sorry @kudeh. I didn't explain the question properly. I've amended it now

– jonboy
Mar 8 at 0:20



















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55054680%2fassign-incremental-integers-as-column-headers-python%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices