Partition by datetime Google BigQuery2019 Community Moderator ElectionBigQuery Partitioned tables insert data from the pastStreaming data to a specific BigQuery Time PartitionHow do I restate a partition in C# in BigQuery?BigQuery - Delete rows from Partitioned TableBigQuery date partition from columnStreaming to Partitioned Tables BigQuery outside of listed date boundsBigQuery deduplication and partitioned tableIs there a way to create custom day partition on BigQuery Tables?BigQuery Partitioned tables insert data from the pastHow to use time partitioned tables with template tables and beyond 4000 limit for BigQuery?Make existing bigquery table clustered

Should we avoid writing fiction about historical events without extensive research?

Is divide-by-zero a security vulnerability?

Align equations with text before one of them

How spaceships determine each other's mass in space?

Do natural melee weapons (from racial traits) trigger Improved Divine Smite?

I've given my players a lot of magic items. Is it reasonable for me to give them harder encounters?

Can a Mexican citizen living in US under DACA drive to Canada?

An Undercover Army

Why are special aircraft used for the carriers in the United States Navy?

The Key to the Door

Ultrafilters as a double dual

Why aren't there more gauls like Obelix?

Iron deposits mined from under the city

What is Tony Stark injecting into himself in Iron Man 3?

Affine transformation of circular arc in 3D

Can inspiration allow the Rogue to make a Sneak Attack?

What's the best tool for cutting holes into duct work?

How do you make a gun that shoots melee weapons and/or swords?

Called into a meeting and told we are being made redundant (laid off) and "not to share outside". Can I tell my partner?

Is every open circuit a capacitor?

Convert an array of objects to array of the objects' values

Python 3.6+ function to ask for a multiple-choice answer

What is the oldest European royal house?

Short story about an infectious indestructible metal bar?



Partition by datetime Google BigQuery



2019 Community Moderator ElectionBigQuery Partitioned tables insert data from the pastStreaming data to a specific BigQuery Time PartitionHow do I restate a partition in C# in BigQuery?BigQuery - Delete rows from Partitioned TableBigQuery date partition from columnStreaming to Partitioned Tables BigQuery outside of listed date boundsBigQuery deduplication and partitioned tableIs there a way to create custom day partition on BigQuery Tables?BigQuery Partitioned tables insert data from the pastHow to use time partitioned tables with template tables and beyond 4000 limit for BigQuery?Make existing bigquery table clustered










1















Situation:
I want to load ~5B records on a Google BigQuery table. I have a field called 'date_time' that describes the record datetime (from 2012 to today). I would like the BigQuery table to be partitionned on this field.



Complication:
I am streaming all the records to the BigQuery table and it seems that only the last 12 months record are accepted by BigQuery for the partition.



Question:
I have read the instructions (https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/partitioned-tables) but I still don't understand how to stream data in a way that would allow partitioning/indexing on my 'date_time' field.










share|improve this question


























    1















    Situation:
    I want to load ~5B records on a Google BigQuery table. I have a field called 'date_time' that describes the record datetime (from 2012 to today). I would like the BigQuery table to be partitionned on this field.



    Complication:
    I am streaming all the records to the BigQuery table and it seems that only the last 12 months record are accepted by BigQuery for the partition.



    Question:
    I have read the instructions (https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/partitioned-tables) but I still don't understand how to stream data in a way that would allow partitioning/indexing on my 'date_time' field.










    share|improve this question
























      1












      1








      1








      Situation:
      I want to load ~5B records on a Google BigQuery table. I have a field called 'date_time' that describes the record datetime (from 2012 to today). I would like the BigQuery table to be partitionned on this field.



      Complication:
      I am streaming all the records to the BigQuery table and it seems that only the last 12 months record are accepted by BigQuery for the partition.



      Question:
      I have read the instructions (https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/partitioned-tables) but I still don't understand how to stream data in a way that would allow partitioning/indexing on my 'date_time' field.










      share|improve this question














      Situation:
      I want to load ~5B records on a Google BigQuery table. I have a field called 'date_time' that describes the record datetime (from 2012 to today). I would like the BigQuery table to be partitionned on this field.



      Complication:
      I am streaming all the records to the BigQuery table and it seems that only the last 12 months record are accepted by BigQuery for the partition.



      Question:
      I have read the instructions (https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/partitioned-tables) but I still don't understand how to stream data in a way that would allow partitioning/indexing on my 'date_time' field.







      google-bigquery partitioning






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked yesterday









      justberarejustberare

      5721517




      5721517






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          1














          Current streaming limitation are defined in this link




          You can stream data between 1 year in the past and 6 months in the future. Data outside of this range is rejected. When the data is streamed, data between 7 days in the past and 3 days in the future is placed in the streaming buffer, and then it is extracted to the corresponding partitions. Data outside of this window (but inside the 1 year, 6 month range) is placed in the UNPARTITIONED partition. When there's enough unpartitioned data, it is loaded to the corresponding partitions.




          As suggested in this answer by @Felipe you should stream your data to a non-partition table and use the copy/load actions to move it to your partition table



          Note: You are only paying on streaming insert only so no extra cost is involved in such a workaround






          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55019700%2fpartition-by-datetime-google-bigquery%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            1














            Current streaming limitation are defined in this link




            You can stream data between 1 year in the past and 6 months in the future. Data outside of this range is rejected. When the data is streamed, data between 7 days in the past and 3 days in the future is placed in the streaming buffer, and then it is extracted to the corresponding partitions. Data outside of this window (but inside the 1 year, 6 month range) is placed in the UNPARTITIONED partition. When there's enough unpartitioned data, it is loaded to the corresponding partitions.




            As suggested in this answer by @Felipe you should stream your data to a non-partition table and use the copy/load actions to move it to your partition table



            Note: You are only paying on streaming insert only so no extra cost is involved in such a workaround






            share|improve this answer



























              1














              Current streaming limitation are defined in this link




              You can stream data between 1 year in the past and 6 months in the future. Data outside of this range is rejected. When the data is streamed, data between 7 days in the past and 3 days in the future is placed in the streaming buffer, and then it is extracted to the corresponding partitions. Data outside of this window (but inside the 1 year, 6 month range) is placed in the UNPARTITIONED partition. When there's enough unpartitioned data, it is loaded to the corresponding partitions.




              As suggested in this answer by @Felipe you should stream your data to a non-partition table and use the copy/load actions to move it to your partition table



              Note: You are only paying on streaming insert only so no extra cost is involved in such a workaround






              share|improve this answer

























                1












                1








                1







                Current streaming limitation are defined in this link




                You can stream data between 1 year in the past and 6 months in the future. Data outside of this range is rejected. When the data is streamed, data between 7 days in the past and 3 days in the future is placed in the streaming buffer, and then it is extracted to the corresponding partitions. Data outside of this window (but inside the 1 year, 6 month range) is placed in the UNPARTITIONED partition. When there's enough unpartitioned data, it is loaded to the corresponding partitions.




                As suggested in this answer by @Felipe you should stream your data to a non-partition table and use the copy/load actions to move it to your partition table



                Note: You are only paying on streaming insert only so no extra cost is involved in such a workaround






                share|improve this answer













                Current streaming limitation are defined in this link




                You can stream data between 1 year in the past and 6 months in the future. Data outside of this range is rejected. When the data is streamed, data between 7 days in the past and 3 days in the future is placed in the streaming buffer, and then it is extracted to the corresponding partitions. Data outside of this window (but inside the 1 year, 6 month range) is placed in the UNPARTITIONED partition. When there's enough unpartitioned data, it is loaded to the corresponding partitions.




                As suggested in this answer by @Felipe you should stream your data to a non-partition table and use the copy/load actions to move it to your partition table



                Note: You are only paying on streaming insert only so no extra cost is involved in such a workaround







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered yesterday









                Tamir KleinTamir Klein

                757719




                757719





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55019700%2fpartition-by-datetime-google-bigquery%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page