Custom WP Plugin and form handlingshell_exec escaping quotes in php for Twitter API --> Getting CURL to work with obscure twitter api methodextract url from xml response and redirectSolution for invalid REQUEST_URI sent using CURLHow much bandwidth do I generate to destination web site with my curl code?ABBYY OCR SDK: I am trying a sample script for recognizing business cards but not getting any outputphp Curl posting to PHPBBHow to implement cache system in php for json apiHow to load details automaticallycURL not working sometimes and gives empty resulthow can i check if RESTAPI is down using curl php

How was Earth single-handedly capable of creating 3 of the 4 gods of chaos?

What are the ramifications of creating a homebrew world without an Astral Plane?

Is there a problem with hiding "forgot password" until it's needed?

Lay out the Carpet

How do I define a right arrow with bar in LaTeX?

Greatest common substring

Are there any comparative studies done between Ashtavakra Gita and Buddhim?

Can I use my Chinese passport to enter China after I acquired another citizenship?

Go Pregnant or Go Home

How do I rename a LINUX host without needing to reboot for the rename to take effect?

What to do with wrong results in talks?

Should my PhD thesis be submitted under my legal name?

Minimal reference content

Was Spock the First Vulcan in Starfleet?

Modify casing of marked letters

Have I saved too much for retirement so far?

How does it work when somebody invests in my business?

What's the purpose of "true" in bash "if sudo true; then"

Is the destination of a commercial flight important for the pilot?

Best way to store options for panels

Is it correct to write "is not focus on"?

What defines a dissertation?

Your magic is very sketchy

HashMap containsKey() returns false although hashCode() and equals() are true



Custom WP Plugin and form handling


shell_exec escaping quotes in php for Twitter API --> Getting CURL to work with obscure twitter api methodextract url from xml response and redirectSolution for invalid REQUEST_URI sent using CURLHow much bandwidth do I generate to destination web site with my curl code?ABBYY OCR SDK: I am trying a sample script for recognizing business cards but not getting any outputphp Curl posting to PHPBBHow to implement cache system in php for json apiHow to load details automaticallycURL not working sometimes and gives empty resulthow can i check if RESTAPI is down using curl php













0















Hi thats is my first post and please don't kill me :D
So, I work on my custom WP plugin. The plugin simple fetch data from one XML file and display it in widget area. Now I want to let the Administrator to choose a data source (simple form like this:



admin-page.php



<h3> Please select a data source </h3>
<form method ="post" action="#">
<select name="Data source">
<option value="news1">Data source 1</option>
<option value="news2">Data source 2</option>
<option value="news3">Data source 3</option>
</select>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="Specifed url goes here ?" />
<input type="submit">
</form>


All functionality of the widget is stored in my-widget-functions.php



$url='http://mydatasource/xyz?';
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url);
$result=curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
.........
convert->xml;/


Here is my question. I want to change the data source based on user(admin) input, in my case that means the variable $url stored in my-widget-functions.php.
Some suggestions, how to do that? Change a variable in another file, based on user input?



I tried to pass the user input between this 2 files with sessions, but it doesn't work. Actually, in that way, the user input was not stored in the WP-DB.










share|improve this question




























    0















    Hi thats is my first post and please don't kill me :D
    So, I work on my custom WP plugin. The plugin simple fetch data from one XML file and display it in widget area. Now I want to let the Administrator to choose a data source (simple form like this:



    admin-page.php



    <h3> Please select a data source </h3>
    <form method ="post" action="#">
    <select name="Data source">
    <option value="news1">Data source 1</option>
    <option value="news2">Data source 2</option>
    <option value="news3">Data source 3</option>
    </select>
    <input type="hidden" name="action" value="Specifed url goes here ?" />
    <input type="submit">
    </form>


    All functionality of the widget is stored in my-widget-functions.php



    $url='http://mydatasource/xyz?';
    $ch = curl_init();
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url);
    $result=curl_exec($ch);
    curl_close($ch);
    .........
    convert->xml;/


    Here is my question. I want to change the data source based on user(admin) input, in my case that means the variable $url stored in my-widget-functions.php.
    Some suggestions, how to do that? Change a variable in another file, based on user input?



    I tried to pass the user input between this 2 files with sessions, but it doesn't work. Actually, in that way, the user input was not stored in the WP-DB.










    share|improve this question


























      0












      0








      0








      Hi thats is my first post and please don't kill me :D
      So, I work on my custom WP plugin. The plugin simple fetch data from one XML file and display it in widget area. Now I want to let the Administrator to choose a data source (simple form like this:



      admin-page.php



      <h3> Please select a data source </h3>
      <form method ="post" action="#">
      <select name="Data source">
      <option value="news1">Data source 1</option>
      <option value="news2">Data source 2</option>
      <option value="news3">Data source 3</option>
      </select>
      <input type="hidden" name="action" value="Specifed url goes here ?" />
      <input type="submit">
      </form>


      All functionality of the widget is stored in my-widget-functions.php



      $url='http://mydatasource/xyz?';
      $ch = curl_init();
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url);
      $result=curl_exec($ch);
      curl_close($ch);
      .........
      convert->xml;/


      Here is my question. I want to change the data source based on user(admin) input, in my case that means the variable $url stored in my-widget-functions.php.
      Some suggestions, how to do that? Change a variable in another file, based on user input?



      I tried to pass the user input between this 2 files with sessions, but it doesn't work. Actually, in that way, the user input was not stored in the WP-DB.










      share|improve this question
















      Hi thats is my first post and please don't kill me :D
      So, I work on my custom WP plugin. The plugin simple fetch data from one XML file and display it in widget area. Now I want to let the Administrator to choose a data source (simple form like this:



      admin-page.php



      <h3> Please select a data source </h3>
      <form method ="post" action="#">
      <select name="Data source">
      <option value="news1">Data source 1</option>
      <option value="news2">Data source 2</option>
      <option value="news3">Data source 3</option>
      </select>
      <input type="hidden" name="action" value="Specifed url goes here ?" />
      <input type="submit">
      </form>


      All functionality of the widget is stored in my-widget-functions.php



      $url='http://mydatasource/xyz?';
      $ch = curl_init();
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url);
      $result=curl_exec($ch);
      curl_close($ch);
      .........
      convert->xml;/


      Here is my question. I want to change the data source based on user(admin) input, in my case that means the variable $url stored in my-widget-functions.php.
      Some suggestions, how to do that? Change a variable in another file, based on user input?



      I tried to pass the user input between this 2 files with sessions, but it doesn't work. Actually, in that way, the user input was not stored in the WP-DB.







      php wordpress






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 8 at 9:47









      astro_asz

      1,081823




      1,081823










      asked Mar 8 at 9:34









      Qonquistador123Qonquistador123

      12




      12






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55060340%2fcustom-wp-plugin-and-form-handling%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55060340%2fcustom-wp-plugin-and-form-handling%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page