Why does my docker image container get built differently from iotedge versus docker command line implementation The Next CEO of Stack OverflowHow is Docker different from a virtual machine?How to get a Docker container's IP address from the host?How does one remove an image in Docker?Run a Docker Image as a ContainerExposing a port on a live Docker containerCopying files from Docker container to hostCopying files from host to Docker containerWhat is the difference between a Docker image and a container?How to copy Docker images from one host to another without using a repositoryFrom inside of a Docker container, how do I connect to the localhost of the machine?

Help understanding this unsettling image of Titan, Epimetheus, and Saturn's rings?

The past simple of "gaslight" – "gaslighted" or "gaslit"?

Why do remote US companies require working in the US?

Yu-Gi-Oh cards in Python 3

How to avoid supervisors with prejudiced views?

Is there a way to save my career from absolute disaster?

WOW air has ceased operation, can I get my tickets refunded?

Can you be charged for obstruction for refusing to answer questions?

How to count occurrences of text in a file?

Why doesn't UK go for the same deal Japan has with EU to resolve Brexit?

Is it okay to majorly distort historical facts while writing a fiction story?

Won the lottery - how do I keep the money?

What did we know about the Kessel run before the prequels?

Why isn't the Mueller report being released completely and unredacted?

Why isn't acceleration always zero whenever velocity is zero, such as the moment a ball bounces off a wall?

Is it possible to replace duplicates of a character with one character using tr

Domestic-to-international connection at Orlando (MCO)

The exact meaning of 'Mom made me a sandwich'

Writing differences on a blackboard

If Nick Fury and Coulson already knew about aliens (Kree and Skrull) why did they wait until Thor's appearance to start making weapons?

How did people program for Consoles with multiple CPUs?

Is there a difference between "Fahrstuhl" and "Aufzug"

Proper way to express "He disappeared them"

Which one is the true statement?



Why does my docker image container get built differently from iotedge versus docker command line implementation



The Next CEO of Stack OverflowHow is Docker different from a virtual machine?How to get a Docker container's IP address from the host?How does one remove an image in Docker?Run a Docker Image as a ContainerExposing a port on a live Docker containerCopying files from Docker container to hostCopying files from host to Docker containerWhat is the difference between a Docker image and a container?How to copy Docker images from one host to another without using a repositoryFrom inside of a Docker container, how do I connect to the localhost of the machine?










0















I have my own docker image that I pull to create a new container. I try building it using my deployment.template.json with the port information and other parameters. If I use a raw docker command it works fine. But through iotedge (deployment.template.json) build it never exposes the port for the host machine.



Note, I have already authenticated to my registry. The image does get built and the logs have no errors. The exposed port does not work. It happens to be an ASP.net app.



Example JSON snippet:



"my-container": 
"version": "1.0",
"type": "docker",
"status": "running",
"restartPolicy": "always",
"settings":
"image": "my-azure-container-registry/my-container-image:0.0.1.amd64",
"createOptions": ""Env":["dns-search=myorganization.org"],"HostConfig":"PortBindings":"8080/tcp":["HostPort":"8083"]"




Then my docker command looks like this and does what it's "supposed" to do.



docker run -d -p 8083:8080 --dns-search myorganization.org my-azure-container-registry/my-container-image:0.0.1.amd64


If I run docker port <my-container-name>, I get nothing.



And docker inspect shows me this:



"HostConfig": {
"Binds": null,
"ContainerIDFile": "",
"LogConfig":
"Type": "json-file",
"Config":
,
"NetworkMode": "default",
"PortBindings":
"8080/tcp": [

"HostIp": "",
"HostPort": "8083"

]
,


So, why are they different?










share|improve this question




























    0















    I have my own docker image that I pull to create a new container. I try building it using my deployment.template.json with the port information and other parameters. If I use a raw docker command it works fine. But through iotedge (deployment.template.json) build it never exposes the port for the host machine.



    Note, I have already authenticated to my registry. The image does get built and the logs have no errors. The exposed port does not work. It happens to be an ASP.net app.



    Example JSON snippet:



    "my-container": 
    "version": "1.0",
    "type": "docker",
    "status": "running",
    "restartPolicy": "always",
    "settings":
    "image": "my-azure-container-registry/my-container-image:0.0.1.amd64",
    "createOptions": ""Env":["dns-search=myorganization.org"],"HostConfig":"PortBindings":"8080/tcp":["HostPort":"8083"]"




    Then my docker command looks like this and does what it's "supposed" to do.



    docker run -d -p 8083:8080 --dns-search myorganization.org my-azure-container-registry/my-container-image:0.0.1.amd64


    If I run docker port <my-container-name>, I get nothing.



    And docker inspect shows me this:



    "HostConfig": {
    "Binds": null,
    "ContainerIDFile": "",
    "LogConfig":
    "Type": "json-file",
    "Config":
    ,
    "NetworkMode": "default",
    "PortBindings":
    "8080/tcp": [

    "HostIp": "",
    "HostPort": "8083"

    ]
    ,


    So, why are they different?










    share|improve this question


























      0












      0








      0








      I have my own docker image that I pull to create a new container. I try building it using my deployment.template.json with the port information and other parameters. If I use a raw docker command it works fine. But through iotedge (deployment.template.json) build it never exposes the port for the host machine.



      Note, I have already authenticated to my registry. The image does get built and the logs have no errors. The exposed port does not work. It happens to be an ASP.net app.



      Example JSON snippet:



      "my-container": 
      "version": "1.0",
      "type": "docker",
      "status": "running",
      "restartPolicy": "always",
      "settings":
      "image": "my-azure-container-registry/my-container-image:0.0.1.amd64",
      "createOptions": ""Env":["dns-search=myorganization.org"],"HostConfig":"PortBindings":"8080/tcp":["HostPort":"8083"]"




      Then my docker command looks like this and does what it's "supposed" to do.



      docker run -d -p 8083:8080 --dns-search myorganization.org my-azure-container-registry/my-container-image:0.0.1.amd64


      If I run docker port <my-container-name>, I get nothing.



      And docker inspect shows me this:



      "HostConfig": {
      "Binds": null,
      "ContainerIDFile": "",
      "LogConfig":
      "Type": "json-file",
      "Config":
      ,
      "NetworkMode": "default",
      "PortBindings":
      "8080/tcp": [

      "HostIp": "",
      "HostPort": "8083"

      ]
      ,


      So, why are they different?










      share|improve this question
















      I have my own docker image that I pull to create a new container. I try building it using my deployment.template.json with the port information and other parameters. If I use a raw docker command it works fine. But through iotedge (deployment.template.json) build it never exposes the port for the host machine.



      Note, I have already authenticated to my registry. The image does get built and the logs have no errors. The exposed port does not work. It happens to be an ASP.net app.



      Example JSON snippet:



      "my-container": 
      "version": "1.0",
      "type": "docker",
      "status": "running",
      "restartPolicy": "always",
      "settings":
      "image": "my-azure-container-registry/my-container-image:0.0.1.amd64",
      "createOptions": ""Env":["dns-search=myorganization.org"],"HostConfig":"PortBindings":"8080/tcp":["HostPort":"8083"]"




      Then my docker command looks like this and does what it's "supposed" to do.



      docker run -d -p 8083:8080 --dns-search myorganization.org my-azure-container-registry/my-container-image:0.0.1.amd64


      If I run docker port <my-container-name>, I get nothing.



      And docker inspect shows me this:



      "HostConfig": {
      "Binds": null,
      "ContainerIDFile": "",
      "LogConfig":
      "Type": "json-file",
      "Config":
      ,
      "NetworkMode": "default",
      "PortBindings":
      "8080/tcp": [

      "HostIp": "",
      "HostPort": "8083"

      ]
      ,


      So, why are they different?







      docker iot






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 8 at 19:05









      ttulka

      2,6111627




      2,6111627










      asked Mar 8 at 16:15









      Sarah MSarah M

      12




      12






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes












          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55067027%2fwhy-does-my-docker-image-container-get-built-differently-from-iotedge-versus-doc%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55067027%2fwhy-does-my-docker-image-container-get-built-differently-from-iotedge-versus-doc%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page