VS2015 Intellisense not recognizing CompilerServices.Caller-Classes but server worksWhy is SQL Server 2008 Management Studio Intellisense not working?VB.NET IntelliSense : Disable newline on ENTER autocompletePassing a Subprocedure as parameter to another subprocedure in VB.Net 2008Intellisense and code suggestion not working in Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate RCVS2015 - IntelliSense not working in razor views in a class libraryVS2015 breakpoint intellisense doesn't workAutomapper Intellisense not working in VS2015Is VS2015 intellisense broken with enums?VS2015 Angular2 intellisense not workingIntellisense does not work properly VS2015 VB.NET

How to check participants in at events?

Why does this part of the Space Shuttle launch pad seem to be floating in air?

Are taller landing gear bad for aircraft, particulary large airliners?

Partial sums of primes

Golf game boilerplate

Why are on-board computers allowed to change controls without notifying the pilots?

Is there a problem with hiding "forgot password" until it's needed?

What is the opposite of 'gravitas'?

Would it be legal for a US State to ban exports of a natural resource?

How to deal with or prevent idle in the test team?

How do I repair my stair bannister?

What does the "3am" section means in manpages?

Visiting the UK as unmarried couple

What will be the benefits of Brexit?

Reply ‘no position’ while the job posting is still there (‘HiWi’ position in Germany)

How did Monica know how to operate Carol's "designer"?

What do you call the infoboxes with text and sometimes images on the side of a page we find in textbooks?

Pronouncing Homer as in modern Greek

Lifted its hind leg on or lifted its hind leg towards?

What to do when my ideas aren't chosen, when I strongly disagree with the chosen solution?

Should a half Jewish man be discouraged from marrying a Jewess?

Can the electrostatic force be infinite in magnitude?

Organic chemistry Iodoform Reaction

Bob has never been a M before



VS2015 Intellisense not recognizing CompilerServices.Caller-Classes but server works


Why is SQL Server 2008 Management Studio Intellisense not working?VB.NET IntelliSense : Disable newline on ENTER autocompletePassing a Subprocedure as parameter to another subprocedure in VB.Net 2008Intellisense and code suggestion not working in Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate RCVS2015 - IntelliSense not working in razor views in a class libraryVS2015 breakpoint intellisense doesn't workAutomapper Intellisense not working in VS2015Is VS2015 intellisense broken with enums?VS2015 Angular2 intellisense not workingIntellisense does not work properly VS2015 VB.NET













0















I know this isn't really a programming question, but I'm not quite sure where to put it.
The issue is that I have created a new user control. it runs well on the Server.



The edits made in VS directly affect a running development system.



The main error is when I try and use this module in a page. Again the page runs fine without errors. But visual studio displays an error whenever I try and use the Module's name in the code, saying it's not declared.

This in turn results in half my lines in my code being marked as errors, making finding actual errors nearly impossible. What's even stranger, is that line numbers in stacktraces are off by around 3 or 4 on the page I use the module on.



I don't know if it's related but in the user control module I have this code:



Public Shared Sub WriteToDebug(
ByRef tb_debug As TextBox,
Optional str As String = Nothing,
Optional extraInfo As Boolean = True,
Optional newLine As Boolean = True,
<System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerFilePath> ByVal Optional file As String = "",
<System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerMemberName> ByVal Optional member As String = "",
<System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerLineNumber> ByVal Optional line As Integer = 0
)
If tb_debug Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
End If
tb_debug.Text &= If(extraInfo, DateTime.Now.ToString("HH:mm:ss.fff") & " - " & member & "[" & line.ToString() & "]" & If(str Is Nothing, "", ": " & str), If(str Is Nothing, "", str)) & If(newLine, vbNewLine, "")
End Sub


In which intellisense displays




System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerFilePath is not defined

System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerMemberName is not defined

System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerLineNumber is not defined




Does anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it?



Edit:
It turned out that that was the issue. After commenting out the <System.Runtime...> it registered it as a valid module. How do I make VS recognize System.Runtime.CompilerServices?



Edit 2:
It knows of CompilerServices, but not the three classes I use here.
enter image description here










share|improve this question




























    0















    I know this isn't really a programming question, but I'm not quite sure where to put it.
    The issue is that I have created a new user control. it runs well on the Server.



    The edits made in VS directly affect a running development system.



    The main error is when I try and use this module in a page. Again the page runs fine without errors. But visual studio displays an error whenever I try and use the Module's name in the code, saying it's not declared.

    This in turn results in half my lines in my code being marked as errors, making finding actual errors nearly impossible. What's even stranger, is that line numbers in stacktraces are off by around 3 or 4 on the page I use the module on.



    I don't know if it's related but in the user control module I have this code:



    Public Shared Sub WriteToDebug(
    ByRef tb_debug As TextBox,
    Optional str As String = Nothing,
    Optional extraInfo As Boolean = True,
    Optional newLine As Boolean = True,
    <System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerFilePath> ByVal Optional file As String = "",
    <System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerMemberName> ByVal Optional member As String = "",
    <System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerLineNumber> ByVal Optional line As Integer = 0
    )
    If tb_debug Is Nothing Then
    Exit Sub
    End If
    tb_debug.Text &= If(extraInfo, DateTime.Now.ToString("HH:mm:ss.fff") & " - " & member & "[" & line.ToString() & "]" & If(str Is Nothing, "", ": " & str), If(str Is Nothing, "", str)) & If(newLine, vbNewLine, "")
    End Sub


    In which intellisense displays




    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerFilePath is not defined

    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerMemberName is not defined

    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerLineNumber is not defined




    Does anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it?



    Edit:
    It turned out that that was the issue. After commenting out the <System.Runtime...> it registered it as a valid module. How do I make VS recognize System.Runtime.CompilerServices?



    Edit 2:
    It knows of CompilerServices, but not the three classes I use here.
    enter image description here










    share|improve this question


























      0












      0








      0








      I know this isn't really a programming question, but I'm not quite sure where to put it.
      The issue is that I have created a new user control. it runs well on the Server.



      The edits made in VS directly affect a running development system.



      The main error is when I try and use this module in a page. Again the page runs fine without errors. But visual studio displays an error whenever I try and use the Module's name in the code, saying it's not declared.

      This in turn results in half my lines in my code being marked as errors, making finding actual errors nearly impossible. What's even stranger, is that line numbers in stacktraces are off by around 3 or 4 on the page I use the module on.



      I don't know if it's related but in the user control module I have this code:



      Public Shared Sub WriteToDebug(
      ByRef tb_debug As TextBox,
      Optional str As String = Nothing,
      Optional extraInfo As Boolean = True,
      Optional newLine As Boolean = True,
      <System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerFilePath> ByVal Optional file As String = "",
      <System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerMemberName> ByVal Optional member As String = "",
      <System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerLineNumber> ByVal Optional line As Integer = 0
      )
      If tb_debug Is Nothing Then
      Exit Sub
      End If
      tb_debug.Text &= If(extraInfo, DateTime.Now.ToString("HH:mm:ss.fff") & " - " & member & "[" & line.ToString() & "]" & If(str Is Nothing, "", ": " & str), If(str Is Nothing, "", str)) & If(newLine, vbNewLine, "")
      End Sub


      In which intellisense displays




      System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerFilePath is not defined

      System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerMemberName is not defined

      System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerLineNumber is not defined




      Does anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it?



      Edit:
      It turned out that that was the issue. After commenting out the <System.Runtime...> it registered it as a valid module. How do I make VS recognize System.Runtime.CompilerServices?



      Edit 2:
      It knows of CompilerServices, but not the three classes I use here.
      enter image description here










      share|improve this question
















      I know this isn't really a programming question, but I'm not quite sure where to put it.
      The issue is that I have created a new user control. it runs well on the Server.



      The edits made in VS directly affect a running development system.



      The main error is when I try and use this module in a page. Again the page runs fine without errors. But visual studio displays an error whenever I try and use the Module's name in the code, saying it's not declared.

      This in turn results in half my lines in my code being marked as errors, making finding actual errors nearly impossible. What's even stranger, is that line numbers in stacktraces are off by around 3 or 4 on the page I use the module on.



      I don't know if it's related but in the user control module I have this code:



      Public Shared Sub WriteToDebug(
      ByRef tb_debug As TextBox,
      Optional str As String = Nothing,
      Optional extraInfo As Boolean = True,
      Optional newLine As Boolean = True,
      <System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerFilePath> ByVal Optional file As String = "",
      <System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerMemberName> ByVal Optional member As String = "",
      <System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerLineNumber> ByVal Optional line As Integer = 0
      )
      If tb_debug Is Nothing Then
      Exit Sub
      End If
      tb_debug.Text &= If(extraInfo, DateTime.Now.ToString("HH:mm:ss.fff") & " - " & member & "[" & line.ToString() & "]" & If(str Is Nothing, "", ": " & str), If(str Is Nothing, "", str)) & If(newLine, vbNewLine, "")
      End Sub


      In which intellisense displays




      System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerFilePath is not defined

      System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerMemberName is not defined

      System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerLineNumber is not defined




      Does anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it?



      Edit:
      It turned out that that was the issue. After commenting out the <System.Runtime...> it registered it as a valid module. How do I make VS recognize System.Runtime.CompilerServices?



      Edit 2:
      It knows of CompilerServices, but not the three classes I use here.
      enter image description here







      vb.net webforms user-controls intellisense false-positive






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 8 at 9:57







      FalcoGer

















      asked Mar 8 at 8:22









      FalcoGerFalcoGer

      670117




      670117






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55059229%2fvs2015-intellisense-not-recognizing-compilerservices-caller-classes-but-server-w%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55059229%2fvs2015-intellisense-not-recognizing-compilerservices-caller-classes-but-server-w%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page