Can not print to paper in Qt2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow to print to console when using QtHow can I change the paper size for Qt QPrinter?Print plain text to printer (paper)Printing to paper in QtQTableWidget print table on paperMillimeter paper in QtReceipt printer feeds paper instead of printing textSetting custom paper size with QPrinter doesn't print correctlyQt printer custom paper sizeSet paper size of QPrinter

What exactly term 'companion plants' means?

Print a physical multiplication table

HP P840 HDD RAID 5 many strange drive failures

두음법칙 - When did North and South diverge in pronunciation of initial ㄹ?

Calculate the frequency of characters in a string

What does "mu" mean as an interjection?

What can I do if I am asked to learn different programming languages very frequently?

Suggestions on how to spend Shaabath (constructively) alone

Am I eligible for the Eurail Youth pass? I am 27.5 years old

Pronounciation of the combination "st" in spanish accents

Could Sinn Fein swing any Brexit vote in Parliament?

Why didn't Héctor fade away after this character died in the movie Coco?

What does Deadpool mean by "left the house in that shirt"?

What (if any) is the reason to buy in small local stores?

Fewest number of steps to reach 200 using special calculator

Probably overheated black color SMD pads

I seem to dance, I am not a dancer. Who am I?

Should I be concerned about student access to a test bank?

I got the following comment from a reputed math journal. What does it mean?

How to get the n-th line after a grepped one?

Can you move over difficult terrain with only 5 feet of movement?

What does "Four-F." mean?

Right piano pedal is bright

What is the English word for a graduation award?



Can not print to paper in Qt



2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow to print to console when using QtHow can I change the paper size for Qt QPrinter?Print plain text to printer (paper)Printing to paper in QtQTableWidget print table on paperMillimeter paper in QtReceipt printer feeds paper instead of printing textSetting custom paper size with QPrinter doesn't print correctlyQt printer custom paper sizeSet paper size of QPrinter










1















I can not print to paper for some reasone. So I have a functional printer. And I use the folowing code to print a qDialog and a few pictures out:



QPrinter printer;
QPainter painter;
painter.begin(&printer);

double xscale = printer.width() / double(window->width());
double yscale = printer.height() / double(window->height());
double scale = qMin(xscale, yscale);
painter.scale(scale, scale);

QPrintDialog printDialog(&printer, this);
if (printDialog.exec() == QDialog::Accepted)
bool skip = true;

if(ui->generalInfos->isChecked())
//window is a QDialog I want to print out
window->render(&painter);
skip = false;


QList<Document *> docs;

if(worker)
//a list with path to pictures
docs = worker->getDocuments();


for(auto document : docs)
if(ui->Documents->isChecked(document->getID()))
for(auto scan : document->getScans())

if(!skip)
printer.newPage();

else
skip = false;


painter.resetTransform();

const QImage image(scan);
const QPoint imageCoordinates(0,0);

xscale = printer.width() / double(image.width());
yscale = printer.height() / double(image.height());
scale = qMin(xscale, yscale);
painter.scale(scale, scale);

painter.drawImage(imageCoordinates,image);





painter.end();


and it doesn't work. Nothing is printed and Qt trows an error:



QWin32PrintEngine::newPage: EndPage failed (The parameter is incorrect.)
QWin32PrintEngine::end: EndPage failed (0x31210cf7) (The parameter is incorrect.)


can someone please help me?










share|improve this question




























    1















    I can not print to paper for some reasone. So I have a functional printer. And I use the folowing code to print a qDialog and a few pictures out:



    QPrinter printer;
    QPainter painter;
    painter.begin(&printer);

    double xscale = printer.width() / double(window->width());
    double yscale = printer.height() / double(window->height());
    double scale = qMin(xscale, yscale);
    painter.scale(scale, scale);

    QPrintDialog printDialog(&printer, this);
    if (printDialog.exec() == QDialog::Accepted)
    bool skip = true;

    if(ui->generalInfos->isChecked())
    //window is a QDialog I want to print out
    window->render(&painter);
    skip = false;


    QList<Document *> docs;

    if(worker)
    //a list with path to pictures
    docs = worker->getDocuments();


    for(auto document : docs)
    if(ui->Documents->isChecked(document->getID()))
    for(auto scan : document->getScans())

    if(!skip)
    printer.newPage();

    else
    skip = false;


    painter.resetTransform();

    const QImage image(scan);
    const QPoint imageCoordinates(0,0);

    xscale = printer.width() / double(image.width());
    yscale = printer.height() / double(image.height());
    scale = qMin(xscale, yscale);
    painter.scale(scale, scale);

    painter.drawImage(imageCoordinates,image);





    painter.end();


    and it doesn't work. Nothing is printed and Qt trows an error:



    QWin32PrintEngine::newPage: EndPage failed (The parameter is incorrect.)
    QWin32PrintEngine::end: EndPage failed (0x31210cf7) (The parameter is incorrect.)


    can someone please help me?










    share|improve this question


























      1












      1








      1








      I can not print to paper for some reasone. So I have a functional printer. And I use the folowing code to print a qDialog and a few pictures out:



      QPrinter printer;
      QPainter painter;
      painter.begin(&printer);

      double xscale = printer.width() / double(window->width());
      double yscale = printer.height() / double(window->height());
      double scale = qMin(xscale, yscale);
      painter.scale(scale, scale);

      QPrintDialog printDialog(&printer, this);
      if (printDialog.exec() == QDialog::Accepted)
      bool skip = true;

      if(ui->generalInfos->isChecked())
      //window is a QDialog I want to print out
      window->render(&painter);
      skip = false;


      QList<Document *> docs;

      if(worker)
      //a list with path to pictures
      docs = worker->getDocuments();


      for(auto document : docs)
      if(ui->Documents->isChecked(document->getID()))
      for(auto scan : document->getScans())

      if(!skip)
      printer.newPage();

      else
      skip = false;


      painter.resetTransform();

      const QImage image(scan);
      const QPoint imageCoordinates(0,0);

      xscale = printer.width() / double(image.width());
      yscale = printer.height() / double(image.height());
      scale = qMin(xscale, yscale);
      painter.scale(scale, scale);

      painter.drawImage(imageCoordinates,image);





      painter.end();


      and it doesn't work. Nothing is printed and Qt trows an error:



      QWin32PrintEngine::newPage: EndPage failed (The parameter is incorrect.)
      QWin32PrintEngine::end: EndPage failed (0x31210cf7) (The parameter is incorrect.)


      can someone please help me?










      share|improve this question
















      I can not print to paper for some reasone. So I have a functional printer. And I use the folowing code to print a qDialog and a few pictures out:



      QPrinter printer;
      QPainter painter;
      painter.begin(&printer);

      double xscale = printer.width() / double(window->width());
      double yscale = printer.height() / double(window->height());
      double scale = qMin(xscale, yscale);
      painter.scale(scale, scale);

      QPrintDialog printDialog(&printer, this);
      if (printDialog.exec() == QDialog::Accepted)
      bool skip = true;

      if(ui->generalInfos->isChecked())
      //window is a QDialog I want to print out
      window->render(&painter);
      skip = false;


      QList<Document *> docs;

      if(worker)
      //a list with path to pictures
      docs = worker->getDocuments();


      for(auto document : docs)
      if(ui->Documents->isChecked(document->getID()))
      for(auto scan : document->getScans())

      if(!skip)
      printer.newPage();

      else
      skip = false;


      painter.resetTransform();

      const QImage image(scan);
      const QPoint imageCoordinates(0,0);

      xscale = printer.width() / double(image.width());
      yscale = printer.height() / double(image.height());
      scale = qMin(xscale, yscale);
      painter.scale(scale, scale);

      painter.drawImage(imageCoordinates,image);





      painter.end();


      and it doesn't work. Nothing is printed and Qt trows an error:



      QWin32PrintEngine::newPage: EndPage failed (The parameter is incorrect.)
      QWin32PrintEngine::end: EndPage failed (0x31210cf7) (The parameter is incorrect.)


      can someone please help me?







      qt






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 8 at 9:13







      Александр Литвицкий

















      asked Mar 7 at 16:43









      Александр ЛитвицкийАлександр Литвицкий

      245




      245






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          1














          If you simplify your code, you will probably find the solution.
          So lets start with selecting the printer, then (afterwards!) start painting to the printer:



          QPrinter printer;
          QPrintDialog printDialog(&printer, this);
          if (printDialog.exec() == QDialog::Accepted)

          QPainter painter;
          painter.begin(&printer);
          window->render(&painter);
          painter.end();



          If this works, add more of your old code to the sketch above.
          If it doesn't work, something else in your program or your environment (selected printer?) is wrong, so you need to extend your bug hunt beyond what you showed us here.






          share|improve this answer























          • The thing you have shown actually works. Thank you very much.

            – Александр Литвицкий
            Mar 10 at 15:38











          • I am sorry I had to ask a question that simple, but it feels to me like the documentation covering this topic is not very clear.

            – Александр Литвицкий
            Mar 10 at 15:48










          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55048886%2fcan-not-print-to-paper-in-qt%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes









          1














          If you simplify your code, you will probably find the solution.
          So lets start with selecting the printer, then (afterwards!) start painting to the printer:



          QPrinter printer;
          QPrintDialog printDialog(&printer, this);
          if (printDialog.exec() == QDialog::Accepted)

          QPainter painter;
          painter.begin(&printer);
          window->render(&painter);
          painter.end();



          If this works, add more of your old code to the sketch above.
          If it doesn't work, something else in your program or your environment (selected printer?) is wrong, so you need to extend your bug hunt beyond what you showed us here.






          share|improve this answer























          • The thing you have shown actually works. Thank you very much.

            – Александр Литвицкий
            Mar 10 at 15:38











          • I am sorry I had to ask a question that simple, but it feels to me like the documentation covering this topic is not very clear.

            – Александр Литвицкий
            Mar 10 at 15:48















          1














          If you simplify your code, you will probably find the solution.
          So lets start with selecting the printer, then (afterwards!) start painting to the printer:



          QPrinter printer;
          QPrintDialog printDialog(&printer, this);
          if (printDialog.exec() == QDialog::Accepted)

          QPainter painter;
          painter.begin(&printer);
          window->render(&painter);
          painter.end();



          If this works, add more of your old code to the sketch above.
          If it doesn't work, something else in your program or your environment (selected printer?) is wrong, so you need to extend your bug hunt beyond what you showed us here.






          share|improve this answer























          • The thing you have shown actually works. Thank you very much.

            – Александр Литвицкий
            Mar 10 at 15:38











          • I am sorry I had to ask a question that simple, but it feels to me like the documentation covering this topic is not very clear.

            – Александр Литвицкий
            Mar 10 at 15:48













          1












          1








          1







          If you simplify your code, you will probably find the solution.
          So lets start with selecting the printer, then (afterwards!) start painting to the printer:



          QPrinter printer;
          QPrintDialog printDialog(&printer, this);
          if (printDialog.exec() == QDialog::Accepted)

          QPainter painter;
          painter.begin(&printer);
          window->render(&painter);
          painter.end();



          If this works, add more of your old code to the sketch above.
          If it doesn't work, something else in your program or your environment (selected printer?) is wrong, so you need to extend your bug hunt beyond what you showed us here.






          share|improve this answer













          If you simplify your code, you will probably find the solution.
          So lets start with selecting the printer, then (afterwards!) start painting to the printer:



          QPrinter printer;
          QPrintDialog printDialog(&printer, this);
          if (printDialog.exec() == QDialog::Accepted)

          QPainter painter;
          painter.begin(&printer);
          window->render(&painter);
          painter.end();



          If this works, add more of your old code to the sketch above.
          If it doesn't work, something else in your program or your environment (selected printer?) is wrong, so you need to extend your bug hunt beyond what you showed us here.







          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered Mar 9 at 17:17









          JensJens

          4,37811636




          4,37811636












          • The thing you have shown actually works. Thank you very much.

            – Александр Литвицкий
            Mar 10 at 15:38











          • I am sorry I had to ask a question that simple, but it feels to me like the documentation covering this topic is not very clear.

            – Александр Литвицкий
            Mar 10 at 15:48

















          • The thing you have shown actually works. Thank you very much.

            – Александр Литвицкий
            Mar 10 at 15:38











          • I am sorry I had to ask a question that simple, but it feels to me like the documentation covering this topic is not very clear.

            – Александр Литвицкий
            Mar 10 at 15:48
















          The thing you have shown actually works. Thank you very much.

          – Александр Литвицкий
          Mar 10 at 15:38





          The thing you have shown actually works. Thank you very much.

          – Александр Литвицкий
          Mar 10 at 15:38













          I am sorry I had to ask a question that simple, but it feels to me like the documentation covering this topic is not very clear.

          – Александр Литвицкий
          Mar 10 at 15:48





          I am sorry I had to ask a question that simple, but it feels to me like the documentation covering this topic is not very clear.

          – Александр Литвицкий
          Mar 10 at 15:48



















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55048886%2fcan-not-print-to-paper-in-qt%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices